Effective date: September 25, 2020
TUTORME, LLC, dba TutorMe, (“TutorMe,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates www.tutorme.com and any and all associated domains, websites, and applications (collectively “Website”). Any reference to TutorMe includes TutorMe’s affiliates and other authorized representatives.
What information do we collect?
There are three general categories of information that we may collect: information you give us, information we automatically collect, and information we collect from third parties. This may include personally identifiable information, which is information that can be used to identify a specific individual.
Information You Give Us
We collect certain information that you may share with us when you Use Website. We do not collect any personally identifiable information unless it is voluntarily submitted by you. Such information includes:
- Account Information. We may collect your personally identifiable information when you sign up and create an account on Website, including your full name, email address, password, Facebook or Google accounts, Learning Management System (LMS) ID number, phone number, birthdate, location, biography, education, occupation, photo, plan type, and other pertinent account information. We use this information to establish and service your account, fulfill your requests on Website, and send you account-related notifications and announcements.
- Payment Information. We may collect your financial and billing information, such as your credit or debit card information, directly or through a third-party vendor to be used for transactions initiated and made on Website.
- Communications. When you contact us or communicate with us through Website, email, or other methods of inquiry, or Use Website to communicate with other Website users, we collect information you provide in your communications, including video recordings and chat transcripts. We use this information to fulfill and/or respond to your communications and requests, keep you informed about Website, and to optimize Website.
- Other Information. You may choose to provide us other information when Using Website, including your lesson requests, homework and other documents that you submit for review, response to surveys or questionnaires provided by us, and ratings of other users you interact with on Website.
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect certain information whenever you Use Website or interact with us, including:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your Use of Website, such as the date you created an account on Website, the date(s) and time(s) you Use Website, the length of time that you spend on Website, actions you take on Website, including lessons that you’ve started and completed, and the pages or content you view on, before, or after Website, including links to third-party websites and applications.
- Log Data. We may maintain web server logs and automatically collect log information when you Use Website, even if you do not have an account with us. Log data includes IP addresses, geolocation, hardware and software information, device information, operating system, browser type, device event information (e.g., crashes), and internet service provider or mobile carrier. Log data may be purged periodically at any time.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your payments and transactions on Website, including the date and time of transactions, amounts charged, and other related details.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
How we collect information
In addition to collecting information that is directly submitted by you on Website, we may collect information using other methods such as cookies, including session cookies, local storage, and pixel tags. Additionally, we may utilize a third-party vendor on our behalf to perform these collection practices.
How we use the information we collect
We will only use your information as described below. We do not sell or lease any personally identifiable information, including financial and billing information, to third parties for purposes of marketing or solicitation without your consent.
Disclosure to Other Website Users
When you Use Website, you may choose to disclose and display certain information to, and communicate, interact, and transact with, other users on Website. You will also have access to information disclosed and displayed by other users on Website.
Limited Disclosure to Third Parties
- To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized Use of Website;
- To protect and maintain the safety of you, us, others, and related property when necessary;
- When there is a change of control or ownership of all or part of TutorMe, including sale, transfer, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other similar event;
- To complete any transaction initiated by you on Website;
- To provide certain products, services, features, and content to you on Website;
- To facilitate the operation and management of Website;
- As required by law, compelled by subpoena or court order, or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- With your express written consent; and
- For research and development to personalize and improve Website, and the products, services, features, and content we provide through Website, and to enhance the user experience, including researching user demographics and behavior;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints, provide you with technical and customer support, and solicit and receive feedback from you related to your Use of Website;
- For standard business practices and purposes including system administration, troubleshooting, establishing and managing accounts, creating and maintaining a database of information collected on Website;
- To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized Use of Website;
- To contact you directly for non-marketing purposes including providing you with statements, invoices, confirmations, notifications, surveys, technical updates, security alerts, and administrative messages; and
- To contact you directly for marketing purposes including providing you with announcements and updates regarding our business and to inform you of new products, services, features, and content.
You acknowledge and agree that all non-personally identifiable information or data, such as requests, comments, suggestions, and feedback, that are provided to us in any manner by you is nonconfidential. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you grant us, or anyone authorized by us, a non-exclusive, unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, distribute, display, modify, reproduce, transmit, perform, and broadcast derivative works of such information or data, in whole or in part, and in any manner or medium, at no cost whatsoever.
Children under the age of 13
Information We Collect from Children
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law, we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children without consent from their parent, legal guardian, or school, as applicable. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child who would like to Use Website, we may ask for your full name, birthdate, and email address in order to obtain your consent to collect your child’s information, create an account for your child, and directly notify and communicate with you regarding such. We will only collect personally identifiable information from your child as is reasonably necessary to provide them access to Website, if any.
- Submit any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures as it relates to what, how, and when we collect, use, and safeguard information provided by your child;
- Access and/or change the information that we have collected from your child and/or use;
- To withdraw permission to further collect information from your child and/or use such information;
- Delete any information we have collected from your child from our records; and
- Terminate your child’s account.
Any of the above actions may affect your child’s ability to Use Website and may lead to a termination of your child’s account. We will take reasonable steps to verify the identity of any parent or legal guardian requesting information about a child before granting access to such child’s information.
We implement physical and technical security measures commercially reasonable and necessary to protect the information we collect from you from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of such information. However, we cannot guarantee these safeguards are absolutely secure and that any personally identifiable information will remain free from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction by third parties. Should we learn of a potential or actual security breach that puts your information at risk of unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, we may notify you so you can take appropriate next steps to protect and remedy the situation. However, we are not liable or responsible for any of your information that is intercepted and used by an unintended third-party recipient.
As a preventative measure, we advise that you take precaution in handling sensitive or confidential information when providing such information on or through Website or insecure online methods of communication. If you have any questions or concerns regarding identity theft, refer to the Federal Trade Commission for more information at www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm.
International use and data transfer
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, for a commercially reasonable time by us for administrative, liability, and archival purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
terms of service
Attn: General Counsel
1925 Century Park E Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90067
You must provide your full name, best contact information, including email address and telephone number, and any other relevant information in order to best assist you and address your matter. We may request for additional information at a later time.
We cannot guarantee receipt of any correspondence, including mail, messages, and emails, sent to us; thus, receipt of any correspondence is not confirmed until and unless you receive a written response from a TutorMe representative confirming such receipt. We are not liable for any correspondence that is lost, delayed, or misdirected.