As a high schooler, I worked for Mega Learning Systems where I taught classes of 20-30 students in preparation for the state english and math exams.
In college, I worked as a First Year Mentor where I lead a group of 10 incoming freshman and helped them navigate the difficult transition between high school and college. I have also worked as a teaching assistant for Statistical Analysis II where I graded students homework and exams, and lead weekly sections where I taught a class of 20 students on difficult topics the professor had covered in...
Johns Hopkins Department of Chemistry, Organic Chemistry Research Assistant
2015 - Present
• Utilize methods of Photocatalytically-Generated Radical Cations to selectively fluorinate organic compounds
• Certified to operate Nuclear Magnetic Resonance instrumentation
• Proficient in various synthetic organic techniques and compound purification methods
• Worked alongside graduate student to publish findings regarding selective fluorination on amino acid scaffolds
• Assisted graduate students on enone-directed fluorination on steroid molecules
• Piloted effort to selectively fluorinate steroid molecules with lactam and lactone...
Health Leads at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Health Leads Advocate
2015 - Present
After interviewing patients new to Health Leads and enrolling them into the REACH program, I assist patients in connecting with nearby resources to improve their standard of living. I also conduct follow-up phone calls with existing patients to ensure there are no complications in obtaining food, housing, clothing, and other social services.
Johns Hopkins Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology Research Assistant
2017 - 2018
I created patient questionnaire using RedCap technology which was used by research assistants in clinical investigation. I interviewed patients in Burn Intensive Care Unit with acute burns on 2-40% of total body surface area on how they coped with pain to predict patient probability of developing PTSD after being released from hospital. I collaborated with principal investigator to determine if ketamine had positive effect on patient pain-management and reduced risk of PTSD development
Mega Learning Center, 8th Grade English/Math Tutor
2015 - 2015
Taught classes of 20-30 students on english and math topics that were tested in the state exams. Also held private one-on-one tutoring after classes for students who were struggling in the class.