I am a dental student at New York University, College of Dentistry. Like my undergrad days, dental school has been a rollercoaster of challenges, but everyday, I feel blessed to be surrounded by some of the most caring, talented teachers. I love to help people because throughout all my difficulties, there was always someone to help me and now, with my knowledge and background, I can help those who are struggling in Math and Science (please refer to the subjects below). I am also very patient, honest, and receptive to my student's concerns.
At Allison Tutoring, I tutored students in Kindergarten up to 12th grade. As a secondary job, I also provided in-home tutoring services for students at various grade levels up to college. Subjects which I have tutored include K-8th grade math and reading comprehension, writing, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry, Chemistry, Physics, and Spanish.
Allison Tutoring, Tutor
2017 - 2018
• Conducted one-on-one sessions with students in Kindergarten up to 12th grade
• Assisted in elementary level math, reading comprehension, writing, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Chemistry, and Spanish
• Created individualized lesson plans based on the student's pace and learning abilities
• Maintained a regular line of communication with students' parents and teachers to maximize students' success and academic performance
2017 - 2018
• Provided in-home tutoring services for high school and college students in Chemistry, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Algebra, and Geometry
• Created study strategies to help students review material and improve test-taking skills
• Identified the needs of students while focusing on their study techniques and weak subject areas
• Communicated with students and parents to schedule appointments and update parents on students' progress