My name is Imtiaz, Taz for short, and I have worked with information technology for many years. It was after I had my incidental encounter with systems analysts during my early adult hood that I decided on landing my career in this field. Throughout college and work life my understanding of a subject would depend on whether I could clearly pass the knowledge of the subject to someone else. Once I read through a text book, notes or research paper, I would contemplate explaining what I had learned to someone else in a way that would be most...
Throughout my fifteen year career as a programmer analyst I have had to pass on the knowledge of the workings of the system I had developed to users. Additionally, I have also written user guides, based on clear understanding of the user or from their feedback. Additionally, as explained in the 'About' section above, I have done volunteer work in tutoring a small group of students.
Capital One, Data Analyst
2015 - 2016
• Implementing SQL and VBA within Access as a solution in place of the legacy spreadsheet system that had inconsistencies and difficulties in reporting
• Modeled excel data into a relational structure to help the team to query, report and input data that would meet their needs
• Create macros to automate data synchronization between locally deployed databases in place of a single centralized back end due to the lack of shared drive facility
• Working in conjunction with management to plan and schedule task accomplishments, and to brainstorm...
Fannie Mae, Business and Programmer Analyst
2014 - 2015
• Examined data through the use of SQL determine business rules that would form dependencies between data items
• Designed a data structure that would enable the data items to meet mortgage servicer repurchase business processes
• In implementing the data model carefully, considered the ease in data extraction and output efficiency
• Built a data structure and SQL statements to integrate data between in-house oracle system and Access backend
• Move data between specialist and authorized personal using VBA as part of escalating operational and...
Bank of America, Business and Data Analyst
2013 - 2014
• Helped the team in bringing down reserves from $1.2billion to .5 billion In support of its key directive to manage reserves for default mortgage fees that are at risk
• Developed T-SQL code that generated fee exposure and fee risk for each of the risk categories
• Provided analysis and excel summarized pivots to reconcile risk for each of the risk categories
• Supported the key directive through a different arm of the team, by producing weekly reports that brought down reserves through early book losses
• Produced weekly reports in support...
MV Transportation, Spend Analyst
2012 - 2012
• Gathered requirements from director of purchasing to analyze data needs and determine data sources for spend analysis
• Participated in meetings to resolve data clean-up and data redundancy issues coming from the different data sources
• Analyzed data integration needed to bring in data from accounting, operations and sales into data-warehouse
• Envisioned and came up with rough prototypes of reports that would serve management for purchasing analysis
• Implement application that would transform, clean, standardize and compare travel...
Beal Bank, Data and Reports Analyst
2009 - 2012
• Designed functions to clean-up, validate, and process mortgage loan information into SQL server database
• Designed pre-formatted excel templates designed to deliver data for integration to FIS
• Translated business rules into functional SQL scripts for detecting errors and inconsistencies on mortgage loans
• Designed report to provide statistical data trends to data entry errors through the use of SQL and VBA
• Designed functions that integrated Great Plains data and company data through SSIS for invoicing loan participants