Hi! My name is Brittani Button. I am a Human Biology major at UC San Diego hoping to one day become a registered nurse. I love kids and have worked with them extensively, especially in the last year. In high school, I earned a 4.3 GPA, took multiple AP and honors classes, and graduated 15th out of 660 in my class, and in college, I have earned Provost's Honors and maintained a high GPA. I enjoy helping others to understand difficult material and also understand that some concepts don't come easily for a lot of people, and hope to help ease...
I worked as a recreation leader for an after-school program last school year and tutored children and helped with homework, as well as helped to develop educational enrichment activities and make learning more enjoyable. Additionally, I volunteered at Micah House, another after school program, and helped kids with homework, reading, and educational enrichment activities. Finally, as the oldest of three, I am always the one my younger sisters turn to for homework help.
University of California - San Diego Health, Research Assistant
2018 - Present
• Administrative and Laboratory Research Assistant in a Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Lab
• Entering patient files and personal health information into a computer system while upholding the standards of HIPAA for several different research studies focused on Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
• Preparing and sent appointment reminder letters in a timely manner to ensure patients were notified of upcoming appointments
• Preparing patient files for research study visits
• Entering patients into enrollment log
City of Yucaipa, Recreation Leader- Splash Camp
2018 - Present
• Prepare and facilitate activities and crafts;
• Supervise up to 20 children in a group setting at a public park;
• Greet parents and public when they enter the site;
• Assist pool staff in supervising children during pool time;
• Maintain a clean, professional environment by cleaning and decorating camp room;
• Monitor inventory of supplies and determine what materials are required for scheduled activities;
• Facilitate behavior management interventions in a positive, constructive manner;
• Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude every...
City of Yucaipa, Recreation Leader- STARS
2018 - 2018
• Assisted in preparing required materials and supplies for scheduled educational enrichment activities;
• Supervised up to 15-20 children in a group setting;
• Helped maintain a clean and orderly site;
• Monitored and maintained all supplies and equipment;
• Established and maintained effective working relationships with co-workers and the public;
• Maintained a professional attitude and appearance;
• Dealt with challenging situations in an appropriate, effective and efficient manner;
• Communicated in a positive manner with...