I am a lover of learning, languages, and culture. I play ukulele and sing. I enjoy being outdoors and also connecting to myself.
I am a native West Virginia and have a deep appreciation for culture and languages. I spent a couple of years being immersed in living and studying abroad in places like China, Argentina, and Spain. Because of these experiences, I believe I have a unique advantage to offer when teaching, as I, myself, have also been a learner of other languages as well.
Teaching is in my nature, and being able to share the things I...
I am a native English speaker who is TESOL certified and has experience with both in-person and online teaching and tutoring. I love to help others meet their learning goals. I strive to find fun and interesting ways to do so because I understand that my students progress depends on it.
I have tutored in Spanish and Algebra I. I also have experience teaching Yoga and Meditation.
Agora School of Languages, English Teacher
2015 - 2015
● English for employees of a fashion showroom with vocabulary and activities tailored to their work. ● Creating diverse and interesting lesson plans for classes ranging from ages 10-16 with music, games, and storytelling; e.g. grammar and conversation practice through puzzles, codes, riddles.
English for Business, Barcelona, Spain, English Teacher
2015 - 2015
● Designing engaging activities in order to meet the goals and needs of students for a fruit export company; e.g. grammar review, conversation, reading, and writing practice with relevant articles and videos.
● Performing phone conversation and assignment correction for an online business English course.
Kids&Us, English Teacher
2012 - 2013
● Kids&Us methodology: fun and diverse songs, crafts, face paint, and creative activities for students from all age groups, ranging from 2 to 10-year-olds.
● Teenage and adult courses in conversation and First Certificate Examination preparation