I have an M.A. in Teaching and taught high school for several years before going back to school to get a degree in Urban Planning and Policy. I've tutored high school and college students in many subjects. My favorite tutoring subjects are English, writing, Spanish, and history.
HeatSpring Learning Institute, Curriculum Development and Student Advocate
2013 - 2016
‣ Curriculum development, student and instructor support, marketing, and copyediting for renewable energy and sustainable building training company.
Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority, Graduate Research Intern
2012 - 2013
‣ Researched development strategies and trends in the United States.
‣ Created maps and reports using ArcGIS and Adobe InDesign.
‣ Managed social media.
University of Illinois at Chicago – Human Resources – Organizational Effectiveness, Graduate Assistant
2010 - 2012
‣ Developed training courses and online resources for employees.
‣ Analyzed, standardized, and streamlined University business processes and procedures.
Riverside Brookfield High School, Proviso East High School, and Argo Community High School, Teacher
2008 - 2010
‣ Taught English and Spanish to high school students.
‣ Tutored several students in all subjects.
University of Illinois at Chicago – Center for Urban Economic Development – Low-Wage Labor Study, Interviewer
2008 - 2008
‣ Performed interviews documenting violations of U.S. labor law by employers of low-wage workers in Cook County.
Illinois School District 102, Substitute Teacher
2007 - 2007
‣ Substitute taught in three elementary schools and a middle school.
Fred Meijer Center for Writing and Michigan Authors, Writing Tutor
2004 - 2007
‣ Assisted college students with drafting and editing essays.