During my tenure as a high school teacher in South Central L.A., I learned fast that reaching students meant keeping students. If I couldn't find a way to engage these talented but often distracted young minds, then all the knowledge in the world wasn't going to help. Instilling in them a thirst for learning by arming them with tools that empower them to think critically for themselves is key to guaranteeing an enthusiastic commitment to academics. I approach tutoring and home-schooling in much the same way. Every student's personality and...
I am a Teach for America alumni and taught high school Chemistry and Drama at a Dorsey HIgh School in Los Angeles. While there, I resurrected and chaired the Play Production Department, serving as director of several plays (I have twenty years of professional acting experience both in film and on stage).
I also homeschooled in English and privately tutored many students. My homeschooing curriculum was accredited by the State of California.
As an adjunct to many years as an actor and director, I started an I. T. and Computer Consultancy...
PC Detechtives., Network and Systems Consultant
2002 - 2018
• System and network administration and design in Windows and Mac environments for businesses and residential clientele.
• General consultation, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware, software, networks, and systems.
• Support and training of end-users in operating system, network, and application software usage.
Various Companies, Desktop and Technical Supoort Specialist
1997 - 2000
• Long-term contracts in the fields of law, entertainment, education, and finance.
• Responsibilities comprised computer troubleshooting and desktop software support.
• Supported and trained assistants in Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Dorsey High School, LAUSD, TFA, Professional Tutors of America, Chemistry and Drama Teacher
1992 - 1997
• Incorporated computer based training and learning techniques within the classroom.
• Designed a curriculum composed of labs, individual and group projects, presentations, oral and written tests. Used various teaching
techniques (kinesthetic, auditory, etc.) and group support systems to maximize learning potential.
• Coached the Academic Decathlon team to several individual medals and second most improved team in Los Angeles.
• Designed and taught school curriculums accredited by the state of California.