I was born in Toronto to parents of Hong Kong descendent. Throughout my childhood, I was enrolled as a student at a Kumon Learning Centre in their math program. I continuously stayed ahead of my school math level. I started to learning the calculus through this program in grade 9, the same year I was hired to become a tutor at the same centre. I eventually completed the program in grade 11 which gave me a strong the fundamentals of mathematics.I am graduating from the University of Toronto in the summer of 2014 with a double major in computer...
I have been working at Kumon Learning Centre teaching mathematics since grade 9. As a former student at the centre who completed their mathematics program, I have been responsible for tutoring students from preschool to university in various areas of math from simple arithmetic to university calculus. I have continued to work at the same centre since 2006 and have also shared my knowledge at various other tutoring centres for the past 10 years. I have also provided private tutoring to a number of students.
InstaEDU, Online Tutor
2014 - Present
- Help students understand concepts within the following fields; Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology.
- Assist students with mathematics ranging from simple word problems to multivariable calculus.
- Teach programming skills including the following programming languages; Python, Java,
- Help understand how to troubleshoot issues they encounter when writing programs.
- Over 390 positive reviews from students.
Ceridian, eLearning Developer
2014 - Present
- Manage and develop MyPath, Ceridian's self-paced eLearning platform that provides training for the Dayforce HCM application - a cloudbased SaaS solution for HR/Payroll
- Develop lessons for Dayforce HCM using Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Develop custom eLearning content for clients that provides interactive training simulations to familiarize employees, managers, and administrators with configurations specific to their setup of Dayforce HCM.
- Develop internal eLearning modules to showcase new functionalities introduced in...
2006 - 2016
- Assist students from Kindergarten to University in math topics ranging from basic arithmetic to multivariable calculus.
- Former student who completed the math program in 2008.
Ceridian, Application Analst
2014 - 2015
- Provide technical support for Dayforce HCM – a cloudbased, SaaS solution for HR/Payroll.
- Reconfigure the application to implement requests by clients such as custom reports, creating custom files for importing/exporting, and ensuring system configurations abide to each client’s unique policies.
- Clarify and walk through configurations with clients through virtual meetings to help them better understand the Dayforce application.
- Received positive client feedback from numerous clients on their experience with working in support as a...
University of TOronto, Research Assistant/Programmer
2014 - 2014
- Member of Dr. Honey's computational cognitive neuroscience group, investigating how brain regions communicate and how memory arises in hierarchical brain processes.
- Developed and design programs that present stimuli to participants and record data for analysis in experiments.
- Developed programs using PsychoPy and Anaconda Continuum Analytics that are integrated with a function magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scanner at CAMH.
Celestica, IT Business Operations Analyst
2012 - 2014
- Developed business applications to improve IT & Finance Project Management processes.
- Designed and developed project portfolio dashboards for IT & Finance executives using Google apps.
- Coordinate and presented training programs to global employees.
- Migrated intranet data from Lotus Notes Databases to the Google Apps Platform
- Managed Global Telecommunication services.
- Generated Monthly Headcount and Effort Analysis reports for IT Executives.