Tutor profile: Ruth H.
Six years of public library experience providing reference assistance
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I worked in public libraries for six years and loved helping students find quality resources. I spent two years teaching and traveling in Japan. If you need any advice about visiting rural Japan, I have endless recommendations!
As a librarian, I created and led ACT prep and information literacy classes. I also spent two years teaching English in Japan. Outside of the classroom, I helped my students prepare for university entrance exams and practice English conversation prior to study abroad trips. Now I handle acquisitions and technical services for a community college library.
University of Kentucky
2010 - 2012
University of Louisville
2004 - 2009
Moorpark College Library, Library Technican
2019 - Present
• Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the library. Suggest changes in policies and workflows as appropriate. • Manage acquisitions of new materials including print and electronic resources, supplies, professional memberships, and trust accounts for replacement items. • Monitor and maintain the library budget. Create updated budget reports to identify areas for savings, and estimate increased funding needs for the new fiscal year. • Advise librarians on purchasing decisions based on budgetary constraints, licensing issues,
Takachiho High School, Assistant Language Teacher
2016 - 2018
• Trained teachers to better utilize technology in the classroom using iPads, PowerPoint, and Keynote • Assisted full-time English teachers with lesson planning, preparation, and grading. • Planned weekly lessons for English conversation classes. • Assisted students with preparation for English speech competitions, university entrance exams, and study abroad. Students won second and third place in the prefectural speech competition. • Presented at the annual training conference for Miyazaki Prefecture Assistant Language Teachers.
The Floyd County Library, Librarian
2015 - 2016
• Created a dedicated teen library space by relocating the collection and furniture to a more appropriate area of the library and weeding to better utilize the existing collection. • Promoted the new teen space through monthly book talks at local middle schools. • Acted as the volunteer coordinator for the Youth Services Department. • Collection development for teen eBooks, digital audiobooks, and teen nonfiction. Managed department budget for new materials. • Planned, implemented, and evaluated library programs for Young Adults. •
Louisville Free Public Library, Library Assistant
2010 - 2015
• Overhauled systemwide ACT prep classes, improved promotion, and trained library staff to teach updated programs—attracting over one-thousand students annually. • Maintained Excel spreadsheet for tracking ACT prep programming statistics and creating reports for administration. • Acted as project manager for the college prep wing of the library’s annual How-To Festival. Statistics from this program were used as a baseline for the Education Department to expand college prep programming with AmeriCorps staff. • Managed and recruited...
Louisville Free Public Library, Library Clerk
2010 - 2010
• Processed items for hold as well as incoming and outgoing materials. • Handled daily administrative tasks and processed new library materials. • Created resource guides for common patron questions and reader’s advisory.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Ruth will reply soon.
needs and Ruth will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.