Tutor profile: Fatema L.
Experienced Physics, Math and Language Tutor
I’m Fatema. I am an Electronics and Communications Engineering senior student at the American University in Cairo and an exchange student at the University of Colorado Boulder. I am a Science and Math lover. Passionate about teaching and simplifying seemingly tricky concepts. I like to be creative in presenting my lessons and making my students love the course. Teaching others is my favorite activity since I believe my education has no value if I do not spread what I learn.
I have been working as a tutor and facilitator for more than 6 years and have taught students of different ages and educational systems. And for more than 2 years, I have been working as an online tutor. I plan customized lessons to facilitate the learning process in subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, Programming, Electronics Engineering, English and Arabic Languages, and Social Studies. I have taught more than 300 students in private and group lessons. I also have experience in teaching homeschooling students. I mainly focus on helping...
University of Colorado at Boulder
2022 - 2022
American University in Cairo
2017 - 2022
TutorMe, Online Tutor
2019 - Present
• Facilitating Physics, Mathematics, Electronics Engineering, and Arabic and English Languages. Worked with over 300 multi-aged students from all over the world from different educational systems, including homeschooling, national, and international schools
Zeedu, Research Intern
2021 - 2021
• Created over 100 customized activities following the Village Approach for an educational mobile app
Mastercard, Data and Services Intern
2021 - 2021
• Developed a mobile app value proposition for one of the top banks in Egypt, serving the underbanked and unbanked segments to bring financial inclusion in the Egyptian society
Help Club, AUC, Vice President
2020 - 2021
• Led the high board in implementing a strategic plan that doubled the club’s activities in Masr El-Adima and AUC, tripled the number of active club members and potential calibers, and expanded the outreach on and off-campus through several developmental events, training sessions, workshops, and campaigns. • Ensured long-term team excellence by implementing continuous training initiatives to the club members to improve technical and soft skills and prepare them for potential management roles
Career Center, AUC, Senior Peer Career Advisor
2019 - 2021
• Assisting students in developing and improving their resumes • Screening resumes on CareerWeb and providing feedback to students if not fulfilling requirements
Help Club, AUC, Facilitator
2017 - 2021
• Teaching underprivileged students in Masr ElQadimah reading and writing to improve student literacy and critical thinking through a range of instructional approaches and classroom activities • Improved underprivileged children's proactive behavior, life-long learning, and interpersonal skills by creating a customized curriculum and leading classroom activities that improve student literacy and essential life skills
AUC Times Magazine, Editor
2019 - 2020
• Providing concise and constructive editorial feedback to writers
Bee Academy in Amman, Jordan, Summer Camp Coach
2017 - 2019
• Planned developmental and entertainment activities for children and teenagers with a focus on the needs of each person to promote fun, safety, and inclusivity • Organized adventurous trips and scouts’ activities.
Help Club, AUC, Children Development Director
2018 - 2018
• Designed a detailed syllabus and curriculum to help teachers execute activities that promote self-awareness and proactivity with underprivileged students in Masr El-Adima • Ensured long-term team excellence by implementing updated and continuous training initiatives such as syllabus writing and positive discipline.
Raghad Association’s winter course for children, Cairo, Science and History Tutor
2018 - 2018
• Developed a program to increase interest in science and history to primary children through engaging activities and multimedia presentations.
Al-Bashaer International School, Cairo, A level and O level Maths Teaching Assistant
2016 - 2018
• Led weekly tutorials and office hours simplifying mathematical concepts and problems to high school students through hands-on experience • Graded assignments and mock exams, providing valuable feedback and follow up
Noor British International School, Cairo, O Level Arabic Teaching Assistant
2016 - 2017
• Taught high school students Arabic grammar and creative writing through personalized group assistance and classroom activities
Team Mentor in the First Lego League (FLL) international competition, Cairo, Team Mentor
2015 - 2016
• Taught teenagers the basics of robot design and programming and assisted them in creating their own robot • Designed enjoyable and innovative games and activities to foster core values and teamwork.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.