Over ten years of experience as a virtual reference librarian and as a Senior Research Librarian at the Library of Congress. I can help with research on almost any topic related to research. I also have special subject knowledge in areas like environmental science, literature, political science, public administration and public policy. But you can ask me anything!
American Public University, Senior Online Librarian
2014 - Present
• Remotely assist students and faculty with reference and research requests in all subject areas with current subject specialist assignments in political science, public administration and public policy.
• Create and maintain videos, podcasts and research guides to aid in student learning.
• Work with graduate-level students as a virtual classroom-embedded librarian, providing information literacy instruction and reference/research services.
• Collaborate with graduate faculty in the classroom to offer needed instruction and research...
Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress, Senior Research Librarian
2007 - 2016
• Selected in competitive process to be supervisor/Acting Section Head in 2010 for my division while our Section Head was on leave.
• Selected twice to represent the Congressional Research Service at the New Members of Congress Seminar and Orientation in Virginia (2009 & 2013).
• Conducted expert, on-demand and anticipatory information research providing authoritative information in my assigned policy research areas (science & industry with a specialty in energy issues).
• Wrote and contributed to descriptive and analytic reports for...
Pennsylvania State University, Earth Sciences Librarian
2005 - 2007
• Awarded Dean Nancy L. Eaton faculty research grant, fall 2005.
• Selected in competitive process for ACRL Immersion Program 2006, Teacher Track. Simmons College, Boston, MA. July 28-August 2, 2006.
• Designed and implemented new chat reference service for the library.
• Responsible for reference, instruction and collection development, as well as faculty liaison for the geosciences and meteorology departments in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences.
• Assisted with the management of the library, including supervising student and...
University of Maryland, Engineering & Agricultural Sciences Librarian
2001 - 2004
• Responsible for reference, instruction and collection development, as well as faculty liaison for the Departments of Natural Resource Sciences, Biological Resources Engineering and Animal and Avian Sciences.
• Patent and trademark searching using USPTO’s databases and located standards and technical reports.
• As tenure track faculty member, actively participated in scholarly and creative activities.