I am a scientist with a career focused on providing technical support to other scientists. This includes technical seminars, workshops, on-site assay development and answering technical questions. I have also offered career advice to young scientists and science students.
15 years training scientists on the use of technical equipment and assay development. I taught, tweaked and helped create workshops for assay development and validation. I have given over 100 technical presentations.
Rising Biotech Consulting, President and Founder
2007 - Present
Scientific consulting. Clients include:
- Abveris, 2016. Laboratory projects and sales
- BioScale (now ProterixBio), 2010. Worked on developing a new assay system. I initiated redevelop of the assay platform, which resulted in the reusable platform currently on the market.
- BioVeris, 2007. Completed open training contracts
Cisbio, Scientific Consultant
2014 - 2016
Cisbio sells HTRF reagents for bioassays. I worked with customers to explain and demo the technology, develop assays, and troubleshoot.
- Assay development
- Assay demonstrations resulting in sales
- Generating new leads through networking
Azbil BioVigilant, Field Applications Scientist
2012 - 2014
BioVigilant systems reduce detection time of microbes in the air from 1 week to 1 second. I worked with customers in the evaluation, installation, and validation of these systems.
- Submitted numerous suggestions to improve software, hardware and new products
- Provided steady flow of new leads through networking
- Gave webinar series for European distributors, seminars at scientific meetings, instructional webinars online
SRU Biosystems, Bioapplications Scientist
2011 - 2011
SRU developed BIND Readers and Scanners for measuring cell footprints. I developed new assays and provided customer training.
- Pushed the capability of the technology during assay development, demonstrating the ability to follow changes in cell size and improving the discrimination between signal and noise/background
- Championed materials and processes to better serve customers, including detailed protocols, assay lists and software improvements so customers could learn the technology better and do more with it
- Provided steady flow...