Tutor profile: Ciara S.
Biology Laboratory Manager and Adjunct Lecturer at McDaniel College
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I graduated a semester early from Stevenson University in December 2016 with a bachelor's degree in biochemistry. I began working as a laboratory manager while completing my master's degree in public health, which I finished with a 4.0 in May of 2019.
I informally tutored students in chemistry, biology, and calculus at Stevenson University and I am currently an adjunct lecturer for general biology at McDaniel College.
University of New England
2017 - 2019
2013 - 2016
McDaniel College, Biology Laboratory Manager/Adjunct Lecturer
2017 - Present
- Becoming familiar with biology course syllabi - Teaching two biology laboratory course sections per semester of approximately 20 students each, including development of experiments, providing appropriate assignments for students, grading assignments - Preparation of biology laboratory course materials - Set up and breakdown various biology laboratories - Preparation of reagents - Placing orders - Supervising 6 student assistants - Appropriately handling and disposing of biological and chemical waste - Maintaining a chemical inventory in...
Carroll County Health Department, Public Health Summer Intern
2018 - 2018
- Creating three products that will benefit the local community: web page, Powerpoint, annual report, and Local Health Improvement Plan Report - Working on other various projects that arise at the department - Presenting my work to members of the health department
Notre Dame of Maryland University, Assistant Laboratory Manager
2017 - 2017
- Became familiar with all biology and chemistry laboratory course syllabi - Responsible for the preparation, set up, and breakdown of various biology and chemistry laboratory setups. - Prepared various bacteriological media and maintaining bacterial cultures. - Prepared various chemical solutions and reagents. - Kept detailed records of inventory and safety equipment maintenance. - Performed regular maintenance checks on eyewashes, safety showers, and first aid kits. - Properly collected, processed, and cataloged chemical and biological...
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute of Human Virology Summer Intern
2016 - 2016
- Conducted research as a part of the Nathan Schnaper Internship Program with Dr. Greg Snyder and Dr. Lindsey Brown in the Institute of Human Virology on B cell lymphoma cell lines. - Responsible for the maintenance of the cells as well as using western blots to determine NF-κB activity after the introduction of various small molecule inhibitors. - Completed an oral and a poster presentation. - Maintained a detailed laboratory notebook. - Attended weekly seminars about cancer research as a part of the program.
Stevenson University, Residence Life Office Assistant
2016 - 2016
- Assisted students with lock outs, lost keys, room changes, move in, answered various types of questions. - Performed other administrative duties involving confidential information. - Assisted the other staff in residence life with various administrative duties such as creating Excel spreadsheets, distributing packages to students, taking phone calls, and printing documents. - Responsible for a master key that allowed access to dorm keys and confidential documents.
Stevenson University, Biology Research Assistant
2015 - 2016
- Conducted research with Dr. Wendy Kimber on projects to manipulate genes in two model systems, C. elegans and mouse embryonic stem cells. - Responsible for the maintenance of C. elegans cultures and mouse embryonic stem cell lines, as well as their manipulation using the technique of RNA interference. - Maintained a detailed laboratory notebook. - Completed Responsible Conduct of Research Training. - Presented my research at Stevenson University poster sessions as well as the National Conference for Undergraduate Research.
Gap Inc., Sales Associate
2015 - 2016
- Assisted customers at Old Navy with finding merchandise, ordering merchandise, monetary transactions and exchanges. - Worked in loss prevention by providing excellent customer service. - Ensured the store was clean and ready for customers - Assisted with shipments of new merchandise. - Provided excellent customer service.
Stevenson University, Transfer Admissions Student Assistant
2014 - 2015
- Performed a range of administrative duties in the admissions office with the transfer team such as emailing, making and answering phone calls, and sending out mail. - Regularly dealt with confidential information. - Gave tours to prospective transfer students. - Created Excel documents and Microsoft word documents regularly.
Stevenson University, Chemistry Administrative Student Assistant
2013 - 2014
- Provided administrative assistance for professors and graduate assistants in both the School of the Sciences and the Office of Research Development - Graded homework for completion. - Created and organized various Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents. - Regularly dealt with confidential information.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Ciara will reply soon.
needs and Ciara will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.