After graduating from Asbury University in 2008 I took my first teaching job in Lexington, KY. Here I taught Advanced Algebra II, Algebra I, Geometry and a Freshman Careers Class. In 2011 my husband and I moved to southeastern Ohio where I taught Algebra I, Freshman Academy, PreCalculus, and Calculus. In 2015 we moved to my hometown of Pineville, KY where I now teach AP Calculus, PreCalculus, and Integrated Math II (a sophomore level Algebra and Geometry course).
Bell County High School, Math Teacher
2015 - Present
• Teacher of AP Calculus, Pre-Calculus, and Integrated Math II
• Monitor student learning through formative and summative assessments
• Tutor for “GEAR-UP” after school program (2015-2016)
Wellston City Schools, Math Teacher
2011 - 2015
• Department Chair of the Mathematics Department and 12th Grade Level (2014-2015)
• Develop daily lesson plans aligned to the Ohio Academic Content Standards and Common Core State Standards for College Prep. Algebra I, and Integrated Math.
• Provide effective feedback of student learning to parents, students, and co-workers
• Member of Building Leadership Team (2012-2015) and District Leadership Team (2012-2013)
• Mentor teacher for Ohio University’s Center for Adolescent Research in Schools (2011-2013)
• Monitor student learning through...
Lafayette High School, Math Teacher
2009 - 2011
• Developed daily lesson plans aligned to Kentucky Core Content and Program of Studies for Algebra I, Geometry, Advanced Algebra II, and Freshman Transition Courses.
• Used formative and summative assessments to measure student achievement and adapt instruction.
• Member of the Algebra I Practice Learning Community (2009 – 2011)
• Co-Leader of the Response to Intervention Committee (2010 – 2011)
• Member of Technology Committee (2009 – 2011)
• Junior Class Co-Sponsor (2009 – 2011)
• Involved with Extended School Services Program to increase...