Tutor profile: Hayley D.
Librarian and professional writer with 15+ years of reference, research, and writing experience
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Hi! I'm Hayley, a professional librarian with a Master's in Library Science and a BA in English with a minor in writing. I've been helping people learn in libraries for over 10 years, and recently had my book HELLO LOVELIES! published by Audible Studios. I'm patient, kind, and always ready to help!
As a librarian, I teach routine computer classes to adult learners, and assist people in finding answers to their questions every day.
University of North Texas
2010 - 2012
Virginia Commonwealth University
2005 - 2008
Henrico County Public Library, Assistant Branch Manager
2017 - Present
● Supervise Adult and Children’s services supervisors ● Interpret key policies and procedures for internal and external customers ● Act as routine Person In Charge (PIC) of Twin Hickory Area Library ● Maintain positive relationships with staff, patrons, stakeholders, Friends, volunteers, and other people in the community ● Respond to virtual reference chats, texts and emails with cheerful, prompt courtesy ● Support staff development and carry out disciplinary action when needed ● Provide candid, even-keeled leadership ● Provide responsive,
Henrico County Public Library, Adult Services Supervisor
2016 - 2017
● Supervised adult reference staff ● Acted as Person In Charge (PIC) in rotation with branch management team ● Responded patiently, efficiently and knowledgeably to patrons presenting varying needs and challenges when acting as PIC or as first point of contact in the building, over the phone, or at the reference desk ● Taught monthly computer classes, prepared branch for DML classes ● Tracked and reported monthly statistics, created and maintained weekly schedule ● Supervised and coordinated branch-wide adult programming that met needs and...
Henrico County Public Library, Adult Services Librarian I
2016 - 2016
● Led nonfiction book club ● Taught computer classes and use 3D printer in the Digital Media Lab ● Provided friendly, customer-oriented service and reference assistance
Chesterfield County Public Library, Assistant Branch Manager
2014 - 2016
● Leadership: Supervised librarian staff, was routinely Acting Branch Manager ○ Led librarian customer service trainings, such as how to deal with difficult patrons through empathy and sensitivity ○ Helped librarians meet their professional goals and adapt to big system-wide changes in librarian position expectations and duties ○ Summary: I am a focused on quality customer service, putting together the best teams possible, and being a positive leader ○ Project Manager for Summer Learning Program 2015 & 2016 ○ Awarded the Chesterfield...
Roanoke Public Libraries, Community Technology Librarian II
2012 - 2014
● Supervised 6 AmeriCorps team members ● Taught computer and eReader, tablet, OverDrive, and Zinio classes on & off-site ● Facilitated one-on-one sessions with adult patrons who needed individualized technology tutoring, including those with diverse special needs (Alzheimer’s, homelessness, Burundi ESL group with Blue Ridge Literacy organization, etc)
Strayer University Learning Resource Center Library (LRC), Learning Resource Center Library Manager
2008 - 2012
● Supervised 2 LRC library team aides ● Taught lifelong learning skills by leading database classes for faculty & students
Strayer University Learning Resource Center Library (LRC), Learning Resource Center Library Aide
2007 - 2008
● Shelved books, cleaned classrooms, and handled academic reference questions, maintained positive relationships with faculty in effort to better promote library services and encourage faculty to refer students to LRC
Send a message explaining your
needs and Hayley will reply soon.
needs and Hayley will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.