Tutor profile: Jennifer R.
Experienced tutor, teacher, mentor, advisor, and librarian who has served students K-College for over 15 years.
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am an accomplished tutor, teacher, academic advisor, mentor, and librarian who has a passion for arming people with the tools they need to be successful in their academic and life endeavors. My areas of expertise include writing, grammar, research and study skills; and APA/MLA citations.
One of my passions in life is to increase the knowledge and creativity of students. With a Bachelor’s degree in English from Montana State University, where I also earned the College Read and Learn Certification (for tutoring), I have the skills to help students succeed. My teaching experience spans K-college, and covers subjects such as writing, literature, research and information literacy skills, study skills, reading, career exploration, as well as cover letter and resume writing. As a college library director with a Master’s in Library...
San Jose State University
Library and Information Science
2016 - 2018
Montana State University
2012 - 2015
Montana State University, Academic Advisor
2019 - Present
• Advise and mentor first-year, transfer, new, and continuing students • Connect students with resources • Evaluate transcripts • Administer the Accuplacer test • Interpret placement scores (ACCUPLACER Next-Generation, ACT, CLEP, ACE, DANTES) • Recommend appropriate class placement and course load based on student’s academic ability, personal obligations, and career goals • Provide the tools to improve students’ time management and critical thinking skills • Provide assistance with orientation/registration processes • Help conduct outreach...
Huntington Learning Center, Teacher / Tutor
2019 - 2019
• Teach/tutor students K-12 in reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, critical thinking, study skills, and literary analysis • Assist with homework in math, science, social studies, writing • Help build self-confidence in students • Mentor students • Plan lessons according to students’ learning styles and needs • Maintain records of student progress
Measured Progress, Test Evaluator
2018 - 2018
Scored the written portion of standardized tests taken by high school students across the United States.
Lamar Community College, Director of Library and Learning Support Services
2018 - 2018
• Developed and conducted programs and events to generate interest and meet needs • Mentored students • Provided one-on-one academic counseling • Assisted students and staff with their information, editing, testing, and technology needs • Oversaw distance learning classes • Oversaw the retention team early and midterm alert process for struggling students • Led information literacy workshops and one-on-one sessions • Conducted reference interviews and fulfilled information requests • Researched new technology, databases, and procedures • Wrote...
Self-Employed, Private Tutor
2017 - 2017
Taught/tutored a third grade student to develop reading, comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills.
Yellowstone Christian College, Library Director
2016 - 2017
• Researched gaps, developed materials, and conducted programs and events to meet needs • Developed materials and conducted information literacy workshops and one-on-one sessions • Provided one-on-one academic counseling • Acquired, developed, and maintained the library’s collection and databases • Conducted reference interviews and fulfilled information requests • Oversaw the organization and distribution of course reserve materials • Researched and implemented new technology, databases, and procedures • Wrote and developed management,
Montana State Univesity, Teacher's Assistant
2014 - 2015
• Assisted the head of the English department • Monitored and encouraged student discussions in 3 online writing classes. • Edited papers • Answered questions as necessary
Parents, Let's Unite for Kids, Tutoring Program Coordinator
2013 - 2014
• Interviewed, selected, trained, and supervised tutors • Reorganized and restructured the tutoring center to better serve students • Oversaw operations • Tutored students in grades 2-12 • Maintained student and operation records • Communicated with parents • Kept the supervisor in the main office up-to-date on happenings
Independent Contractor for Bright Ideas Press, Children's Literary Guide Writer
2009 - 2012
• Wrote literature guides for K-12 • Researched and generated content in the areas of geography, vocabulary, hands-on-activities, and discussion generators Some titles completed include: I, Juan De Pareja, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Duncan’s War, Crispin: The Cross of Lead, Carry On, Mr. Bowditch, Helen Keller by Margaret Davidson, and If You Traveled West in a Covered Wagon.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Jennifer will reply soon.
needs and Jennifer will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.