Tutor profile: Cassandra O.
Librarian, 20 years+; Spanish & Computer Teacher 8 years; College Instructor 4 years
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am a librarian with over 20 years of experience in reference, instruction, and programming work. I have also taught library science courses at the college level, as well as Spanish and computer science at the elementary and middle school level. I coach and officiate track and field in my spare time and enjoy cooking and baking.
I have taught at all levels (PK-12, college/university, working adults, and fellow librarians). I have taught in the classroom, workshops, orientations, on the fly, at the reference desk, and one on one. I have taught Spanish (PK-8), college level Library Science courses, library use (K-12, college/university, adults). I have also created online tutorials.
University of New Mexico
Human Resource Development
2017 - 2020
Central New Mexico Community College
2009 - 2010
University of Maryland
2000 - 2002
University of New Mexico
Foreign Language Studies
1993 - 1996
National Hispanic Cultural Center Library, Librarian
2018 - Present
• Operate the library focused on Hispanic history, genealogy, culture, and the arts. • Develop specialized research services. • Assist in fundraising related to the library and programming. • Catalog and maintain library collections. • Oversee, supervise, train, and evaluate docents, volunteers, and student interns who work in the library and with its collections. • Provide public reference services in Hispanic history, culture, genealogy, and the arts. • Create, coordinate, and implement history and literary arts exhibits and programming.
Sandia Preparatory School, Digital Media & Communication Teacher
2013 - 2016
• 6th grade: general computer usage, Internet safety, typing, programming with Scratch. • 8th grade: robotics, web design, computer programming.
Sandia Preparatory School, Instructional Librarian
2012 - 2016
• Provided reference assistance. • Provided library instruction and library orientations. • Maintained library web site. • Cataloged library materials, original and copy cataloging. • Maintained coverage of circulation/reference desk. Shelved materials. • Maintained office equipment (e.g., printers, copiers, computers). • Member of school’s Technology in Learning Committee.
Queen of Heaven Catholic School, PK-8 Spanish Teacher
2007 - 2012
• Developed lesson plans based on state standards for Spanish language and culture in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8. • Assessed students’ skills and learning through various strategies.
Queen of Heaven Catholic School, Librarian
2006 - 2012
• Developed lesson plans in library skills and taught those skills to students in grades Pre-K through 8. • Assessed students’ library skills. • Worked with faculty on developing, implementing, assessing lesson plans that cross between the classroom and the library. • Ordered books, videos, supplies. Processed books and videos. • Catalogued all materials for the library – all original cataloging. • Provided reference and circulation services. Shelved materials. Weeded collection, as necessary. • Oversaw parent and student volunteers. • Planned...
New Mexico State Library, Continuing Education Coordinator
2005 - 2006
• Coordinated continuing education for public library staff in the state. • Conducted training needs assessments. • Managed the public librarian certification program, encompassing two exams a year, study sessions, updating the exam’s study guide as well as the test. • Provided instruction to public library staff, and other library staff when appropriate, on any range of topics. • Coordinated, and often times provided, in-service training for New Mexico State Library staff. • Provided general library consulting and problem-solving assistance...
University of New Mexico, Instruction and Reference Librarian
2002 - 2004
• Provided reference services at the Zimmerman Reference Desk, Government Information Desk, and Centennial Science & Engineering Reference Desk. • Provided instruction to undergraduate and graduate students, including English 102 and Freshmen Learning Communities. • Created, developed, and maintained online tutorials (library skills, plagiarism, citing sources, and more). • Conducted workshops, tours, and orientations to visiting local high school classes. • Developed and maintained online research guides for the Humanities, Social Sciences,
U.S. Naval Academy, Nimitz Library, Reference Library Technician
2001 - 2002
Provided support to Reference librarians, including bibliographic searches and library instruction preparation. • Member of the Web Team. Created a new Web Site for the Library. • Created various web guides (including pages on plagiarism and style guides) • Collected and compiled statistics for Reference Department. • Provided assistance to the Cataloging Department by providing copy cataloging and original catalog to alleviate backlog. • Assisted with maintaining Reference area and Library Instruction room computer equipment.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Library Technician
1998 - 2001
• Provided reference and circulation assistance. Shelved materials. • Cataloged library materials for the Library’s Russian collection – some original and some copy cataloging. Provided library instruction and library orientations. • Developed and produced various subject guides. • Assisted in the hiring, training, and supervising of library interns. • Ordered books, reference materials, and periodicals using NOTIS (SIRIS) and Horizon. • Arranged for and monitored the use of interlibrary loans. • Assisted with interlibrary loans from the...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Cassandra will reply soon.
needs and Cassandra will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.