Tutor profile: Samuel K.
Biology, Spanish, and Study Skills Tutor!
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Hello! I am a Research Specialist (MPH, Epidemiology) at the Medical University of South Carolina where I help coordinate and manage a number of international studies for the Division of Infectious Diseases. My academic background is diverse: my undergraduate training is in Biology, and I have an initial master’s degree in Divinity where I focused on theology and spiritual care. I have always loved education – both from the perspective of the learner and that of the teacher. Hardly anything is more fulfilling to me than helping someone...
I have actively tutored since I was in high school, so my tutoring experience spans quite a few years at this point! Most of my students have sought help learning Spanish or Biology, but I have also worked with quite a few people to help them strengthen and fine tune their study skills and have helped others prepare for a variety of standardized exams. Throughout my education I have consistently tutored peers in a variety of topics related to our coursework, from Koine Greek to Cell Biology and Biostatistics. The diversity of my educational...
Medical University of South Carolina
2017 - 2018
Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry
2010 - 2013
Armstrong Atlantic State University
2002 - 2008
Medical University of South Carolina, Research Specialist II
2019 - Present
In this position, I collaborate in the planning, development, coordination, and management of international studies and training programs in the Division of Infectious Diseases
Matthews' MUSC Bookstore, Store Clerk
2018 - 2019
While I was a student in the MPH program at the Medical University of South Carolina, I worked in the campus bookstore. My tasks were varied, but involved everything from customer care to helping manage the inventory and purchasing.
Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Palliative Care Chaplain
2015 - 2017
- Provided spiritual and emotional care to palliative care patients and hospital teammates from a variety of religious backgrounds as well as emotional care to individuals with no religious affiliation. - Participated in the training of medical professionals regarding end-of-life care and associated grief, loss, and bereavement. - Coordinated patient care with other members of the interdisciplinary palliative care team. - Participated in the training of healthcare chaplain interns and residents.
Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Palliative Care and Research Chaplain Fellow
2014 - 2015
- Provided spiritual and emotional care to palliative care patients and hospital teammates from a variety of religious backgrounds as well as emotional care to individuals with no religious affiliation. - Engaged in a year of mentored research exploring the physiological impact of shame on human immune function.
Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Chaplain Resident
2013 - 2014
- Provided supervised spiritual and emotional care to both patients and teammates in the Roper Saint Francis healthcare system. - Participated in postgraduate training in the field of healthcare chaplaincy .
West Penn Hospital, Chaplain Intern
2012 - 2013
- Provided supervised spiritual and emotional care to both patients and teammates at West Penn Hospital.
Georgia Nasal and Sinus Institute, Biller
2009 - 2010
- Coded, processed, and followed-up on medical claims for billing.
Sojourn Academy (San Jose, Costa Rica), Teacher
2006 - 2006
- Provided curriculum design, lesson planning, and direct teaching for a variety of subjects at a small private school including: English as a Foreign Language, English Literature, Biology Laboratory, and World Cultures and Geography.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Samuel will reply soon.
needs and Samuel will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.