Tutor profile: Jeffrey P.
Experienced librarian for fourteen years
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Leader; educator; trainer; project manager; and Library Director. I believe strongly in the S. R. Ranganathan’s fifth law of library science: “Library is a growing organism.” As a library professional, I apply my leadership skills to achieve this objective through collection development; information literacy; assessment; management; and technology.
For fourteen years, I designed, delivered. and assessed teaching research skills to students and faculty. In addition, I taught special education and history to middle and high school students.
George Mason University
2019 - 2021
Catholic University of America
Library and Information Science
2004 - 2006
1999 - 2000
Western Oregon University
1996 - 1999
Northampton County Area Community College
Liberal Arts & Sciences
1992 - 1994
Virginia International University, Director of Library Services
2014 - 2019
• Promoted to Director of Library Services (April 2016). • Provide library and information literacy services to multi-lingual, English as a Second language population of 1200. • Supervised, trained, and evaluated two professional and 5 student worker staffs. • Executed Open Source software implementation with Koha Integrated Library System. • Implemented EBSCO Discovery Service with vendor and campus IT teams considering usability, metadata, and technical issues. • Utilized Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word) for...
ECPI University, Campus Librarian
2014 - 2014
• Managed the daily operations of the campus library, including reference, library instruction, and circulation. • Trained, supervised, and evaluated 1 library staff and 2 student workers. • Assessed, developed and maintained the campus library collection. • Cataloged and classified new library resources. • Maintained and reported campus library usage statistics. • Provided instruction and support for library users in all areas of the library, including print collections, electronic resources, and library services. • Chaired the campus...
Sanford-Brown College, Librarian
2009 - 2014
• Managed Accuplacer and online placement testing for campus, including training staff on administration and procedures. • Maintained compliant testing center. • Improved library usage from 760 (January to May) to 4,583 (June to December) patrons. • Led library committee to write mission statement and collection development plan for library. • Upgraded and cataloged library collection from 500 to 2400 books for Business, Graphic Design, and Medical information users. • Prepared library for ACICS Accreditation visit: created Excel...
Library Associates of Maryland, LLC, Project Manager and Client Services Manager
2007 - 2008
• Supervised six contract employees as Project Manager and 40 as Corporate Oversight Manager at the Library of Congress. • Managed Library of Congress contractual accounts. • Provided corporate-level oversight utilizing project management techniques. • Maintained monthly labor in academic of $2 million account to manage contractual colleagues at the Library of Congress. • Ensured contract requirements were fulfilled and service quality exceeded expectations. • Managed Baseline Inventory Program Inspection of Production Lots, a quality...
Northern Virginia Community College, Library Specialist
2005 - 2007
• Provided reference service to library patrons. • Provided information literacy training at reference desk and to college classes. • Supervised 1 part-time employee and volunteers as needed. • Created MySpace page for the library to increase access to library services. • Assisted with collection development of economics, history, political science, psychology, and sociology. • Managed NVCC Webliography "Best of the Web” and served as liaison to IT and web development departments. • Managed one part-time employee and served as volunteer...
Spotsylvania County and H.E. Lackey High School, Special Education and U.S. History Teacher
2000 - 2004
Taught Special Education to learning disabled students both in inclusion and isolated class situations. • Wrote and implemented Individual Education Plans meeting the needs of the student, requests of the parents, and to meet state and federal regulations. • Co-taught inclusion classes with subject matter expert teachers accommodating the special education students.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Jeffrey will reply soon.
needs and Jeffrey will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.