University of Oregon, Undergraduate Research Intern
2016 - 2016
1. Collaborated with Dr. DeRose in developing a DNA pull-down assay to identify platinum(II) bound DNA sequences.
2. Demonstrated the effectiveness of a DNA pull-down assay by isolating platinum bound DNA hairpin from a background of unplatinated fragments of double stranded DNA.
St. Thomas University, Undergraduate Research Intern
2015 - 2015
1. Collaborated with Dr. Quesada to produce a mathematical model to explain the dynamics of formation of space-filling dendrites.
2. Coded a mathematical model using the software Wolfram Mathematica, which focused on the repulsive mechanism of dendrites through an activator-inhibitor system.
Miami Dade College, Peer Leader Tutor, STEM FYE and STEM-TRAC
2013 - 2015
1. Counseled up to ten students per day on test-taking strategies and study skills for Calculus, Chemistry, Algebra, and Physics.
2. Designed 2-hour PLTL (Peer-led Team Learning) tutoring sessions for 10-15 students, including practice problems and mock tests.
3. Encountered weekly meetings with faculty members in order to organize and design work material for the PLTL tutoring sessions as well as to discuss the students’ performance and grades.