Tutor profile: Adriana C.
Making Math and Python accessible to everyone
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Hi there, I am a recent Magna Cum Laude graduate of Mathematics with a minor in Linguistics and extensive tutoring experience. In high school, I was Salutatorian of my graduating class and also recipient of the AP Scholar with Honors Award. I can assure you that with diligence, the right study habits and some guidance, you too can become more confident in Math (and more importantly, see its beauty!) Looking forward to mentoring you in your own unique Math journey.
Common Core Academic Tutor at my former high school | Peer Mentor and Tutor for lower and upper-division Math courses as an undergraduate | Teaching Assistant for first-year success seminars | Mentor and Tutor for various Data Science groups hosting Python workshops | Mentor at hackathons In addition to this, I have continued to tutor high school and community college students since graduating--yep, I can't get enough Math.
California State University - Long Beach
2014 - 2019
City of Hermosa Beach, Coordinator (Temp)
2019 - 2020
• Collaborate with Finance Department to ensure purchase orders and financial reports are accurate • Maintain ongoing customer accounts through database and optimize membership/invoicing spreadsheets • Form partnerships and host meetings with local organizations to increase Five-O Senior Center workshop offerings which are published in a monthly newsletter sent to the entire city
She Loves Data | PyLadiesLA | Women in Cybersecurity, Volunteer
2019 - 2020
• Assist workshop attendees with Python, Pandas, Matplotlib and Jupyter Notebooks • Support instructor with Python course covering objects, exception handling and DataFrame for data analysis, among others
UrbanTXT, Summer Coding Leadership Academy Intern
2019 - 2019
• Co-instructor for a month-long game development workshop using the Pygame module • Helped teens obtain a basic understanding of HTML5, CSS, MongoDB, Ionic and other developer tools • Coached a cohort of 50 youth through intensive leadership and design thinking challenges to foster teamwork and innovation necessary for the tech industry • Coached youth from underrepresented backgrounds at the Hustle n Code Hackathon • Served as lead project manager for a teen tech startup as they created a minimal viable product (mobile app) and business...
Boys and Girls Club of LA Harbor,, Academic Tutor/Program Assistant
2018 - 2019
• Tutored a variety of high school courses ranging from AP Calculus to Chemistry and SAT practice exams • Hosted workshops to introduce students to programming in Python and higher education
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, CSU - Long Beach, EXCEL and Jensen SAS Senior Peer Mentor/Tutor
2017 - 2019
• Tutored a wide range of theoretical and computational Math/Statistics courses, individually and in groups • Tutored students in danger of failing their required Math courses and helped them raise their test scores and overall grade in order to pass • Assisted professors of first-year success seminars with the facilitation of activities and lectures • Promoted growth mindset, shared effective study/work readiness tips, and connect students with on-campus resources/organizations such as STEMx, Engineering Success Center and Beach...
City of Los Angeles, Summer Night Lights Youth Squad and Site Coordinator
2015 - 2018
• Supervised and mentored a team of 10 young adults by giving periodic feedback on job performance and training them for LA Youth’s Work Readiness Certification • Managed budgets and coordinated activities for Summer Night Lights programming • Submitted detailed nightly reports about participant turnout, food distribution and program logistics • Promoted Summer Night Lights Program by designing posters in English and Spanish and through social
Send a message explaining your
needs and Adriana will reply soon.
needs and Adriana will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.