Tutor profile: Patrick T.
Former College Adjunct Professor / Tutor in History, English/Writing
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Beyond my experience, I help those students who really want to do well get better. I have taught college-level course for 10 years. I have been tutoring for over 2+ years, specializing in Political Science, US History, World History, U.S. and Comparative Government, English, SAT R/W Prep, ACT English/Writing prep, college essay writing and managing students study and work habits
I have taught college level intro to american politics, intro to international relations, intro to comparative politics, international political economy, russian history, as well as democratization in the former soviet union
University of Maryland
International Studies - Political Science
1991 - 1998
University of Kansas
1989 - 1991
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
1985 - 1989
Loudoun County Department of Parks and Recreation, Manager on Duty
2018 - 2020
• Provide oversight for Dulles South Recreation and Community Center and Douglass Community Center; • Provide customer service for renters, pre-school families, and patrons registering for programs.
C2 Education, Tutor/Teacher
2018 - 2020
• Prepared high school students to take SAT, ACT, and AP subject tests in History and English; • Tutored students in U.S. History, World History, US and Comparative Government, Literature, and Economics; • Developed organization and study skills guide for students; • Assisted students with college essay writing and the college application process; • Assist with administrative tasks to support the Coordinator and Center Director.
Loudoun Freedom, Director
2000 - 2019
• Founded and directed girls’ basketball non-profit organization; • Established organizational culture and direction; • Responsible for day-to-day management of the organization: secured gym space, hired coaches, created teams, served as treasurer for example; • Organized large basketball tournaments: secured gym space; advertised for participants; organized volunteers; organized supplies; managed the event; • Developed and managed organization website: developed coaches’ practice drill library database; • Planned and conducted summer camps,
Loudoun County Public Schools, Technology Coordinator
2009 - 2012
• Managed teams of web developers and software engineers supporting LCPS administrative IT applications; • Project manager: Implemented new online web applications and managed the maintenance of existing online web applications in support of LCPS technology goals; • Captured business requirements and translated them into project plans; • Managed the maintenance and updating of software application versions across administrative side; • Managed upgrades and transitions of systems such as MS Sharepoint , Windows 7, LCPS.org.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Disaster Recovery Administrator
2008 - 2009
• Developed and tested corporate business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans; • Assessed corporate vulnerabilities as part of cyber security and business resilience program; • Mapped out data center and server room infrastructure.
Convergys Corporation, IT Technical Manager
2002 - 2008
• Managed team of database administrators, Microstrategy report developers, Production Support personnel, and system admins handling deployment of applications to test environments; • Managed internal projects successfully meeting deadlines; led migration of ten application datafeeds to new datacenter and led department effort to become PCI (personal card information) compliant; • Managed software version-control/configuration management process; improved efficiency of the configuration management tool and reduce time for developers to...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Patrick will reply soon.
needs and Patrick will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.