I'm a Junior at Indiana University with a major in Community Health and minors in Healthcare Management and Policy, and Spanish. I work at the IU Career Development Center currently, where I help advise students on career goals. I also work as a Peer Coach academically advising students on class options and opportunities.
I work under the Undergraduate Advising Office at Indiana University, assisting students with class options and academic needs. I have also student taught in classrooms assisting the teacher with all student needs to help them all understand topics. I also have some tutoring experience, where I have tutored middle school and high school students on various topics when needed. As a summer job, in the past summers, I have worked at the YMCA camp as a counselor which was a strong teaching experience for me.
Indiana University Career Development Center
2013 - 2016
• Manage groups of Peer Career Advisers to orient themselves in the career center through organized policy and procedures to ensure complete effectiveness through each new employee hired
• Assist with mock interviews to help aide students in their individualized career process
• Interact professionally with visiting employers on campus to assist in the recruiting and hiring process
• Critique and edit student resumes and cover letters in order to help the students attain their desired career goals
• Greet visitors and ensure they are...
Monroe County YMCA
2011 - 2014
• Counseled campers through difficult situations throughout the summer to aid in proper growth and development
• Taught elementary and middle school aged campers the disciplines and values needed to be successful by implementing programs to enrich their leadership and development holistically
• Maintained a strong communication with parents about all issues the campers portrayed at camp site