Tutor profile: Teal R.
Tutor for 6 years, Former Admissions Counselor, Graduate Student
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I'm originally from Chicago, currently live in South Carolina, and will graduate with my dual master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Social Psychology at Ball State University in Indiana on May 7. I got my bachelor's degree in English and Psychology with minors in Spanish and Gender and Women's Studies in 2018 at North Central College in Illinois. Last year, I worked as a college admissions counselor in South Carolina. In June, I will be a child and family therapist in North Carolina.
I am currently a graduate assistant for the tutoring desk at Ball State University's Learning Center, supervising and mentoring peer tutors. Last year, I was an academic mentor for student athletes at Ball State, and completed the College Reading and Learning Association International MENTOR Training Program Certification (IMTPC). In the past six years of my undergraduate degree and work experience, I have consistently volunteered as a tutor for elementary through high school students in various tutoring and mentoring programs. I currently...
Ball State University
2019 - 2021
North Central College
2015 - 2018
College of DuPage
2014 - 2015
Ball State University, Learning Center Tutoring Desk Graduate Assistant
2020 - Present
• Supervise and mentor undergraduate tutors, and oversee administrative operations of tutoring center. • Communicate effectively with various university stakeholders about the Learning Center. • Conduct ongoing research into issues related to learning assistance and peer tutoring.
Anderson University Counseling Services, MA Counseling Intern
2020 - Present
• Provide face-to-face and telehealth counseling sessions with clients 20 hours per week, integrating counseling skills and evidence-based techniques in a Christian counseling center environment. • Integrate concrete mindfulness and values-based skills into treatment plans with a caseload of 15 clients with varying presenting problems and identities. • Comprehensively conceptualize clients through a feminist, social constructionist, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) orientation. • Create and...
Ball State University, Academic Mentor for Student Athletes
2020 - 2020
● Mentor undergraduate student athletes in academic organization and time management skills. ● Lead students in editing, refining, and structuring their own work effectively and professionally. ● Participate in trainings for College Reading and Learning Association International MENTOR Training Program Certification (IMTPC)
Ball State University, Office of Health, Alcohol, and Drug Education Graduate Assistant
2019 - 2020
● Promote sexual health, mental health, and drug/alcohol awareness around campus through various educational presentations, table events, and interactive games. ● Facilitate counseling reflection sessions with students sanctioned to see a drug and alcohol counselor in training due to violation of student conduct. ● Supervise peer health educators in leading undergraduate events, presentations, and activities throughout the school year.
Midlands Technical College, Admission Counselor
2018 - 2019
● Developed new ways to partner with high schools in Richland county school districts to assist high school students in the college process. ● Counseled and connected with first generation college students about social, emotional, and academic issues to ensure future success. ● Initiated conversations about gender inclusivity on college applications and Safe Zone training for students and staff.
Midlands Technical College, Enrollment Coach
2018 - 2018
● Assisted first generation and adult students in the admission process, course selection and equivalencies, registration, and enrollment in college. ● Streamlined and created new tour manual and tour procedures/policies to provide students with an enhanced college-search experience. ● Given increased responsibilities involving admission and recruitment, and ultimately offered a promotion in light of positive feedback from students.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Teal will reply soon.
needs and Teal will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.