I am a current honors psychology student and summer fellow with an emphasis in neuroscience and a minor in early development and learning science. I have 7+ years of tutoring and teaching experience as well as 3 years of diverse research experience in various sects of psychology, using statistics, computer programming, and writing. Additionally, I am a well-seasoned editor, working as an editor for a journal at Berkeley and previously as an editor for GENIUS.
Previously, I tutored students from the ages of 8-18 in math, English writing, and SAT prep. I was also a piano performance and theory teacher for 2 years to beginning music students. As an undergraduate, I have facilitated a course titled Personal Development in Psychology.
University of California, Berkeley, SURF Fellow
2019 - Present
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow at the University of California, Berkeley
SURF L&S Research Fellowship Program
Will conduct an independent novel research project: The relationship between sulcal anatomy and working memory in childhood
University of California, Berkeley, Course Facilitator
2019 - Present
Facilitated an undergraduate course titled "Personal Development in Psychology" by leading underclassmen in lectures and discussions regarding career building, resources, and opportunities for psychology students at the University of California, Berkeley.
Personal Development in Psychology is a two unit DeCal created by the PsycholiCal committee to help build greater sense of community within the department. The course aims to orient students new to the psychology major to the resources and opportunities available at Cal. It is designed to...
Cognitive Neuroanatomy Lab, Research Assistant
2018 - Present
• Defined and analyzed morphometric patterns of tertiary sulci in human child and adult lateral prefrontal cortex from three-dimensional cortical surface reconstructions of high-resolution T1-weighted MPRAGE anatomical scans.
• Manually labelled defined tertiary sulci in FreeSurfer (v6.0.0, surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/.12.)
• Was a co-author on to presentations/abstracts for neuroscientific conferences
Undergraduate Journal of Psychology, Editor
2017 - Present
• Cultivated critical thinking skills in analyzing, evaluating, and selecting psychological and cognitive science based research.
• Collaboratively worked with co-editors to edit original undergraduate research papers in preparation for publication.
• Worked directly with authors to facilitate cooperative and constructive conversation necessary for paper revisions.
Zhou Family and Culture Lab, Lead Research Assistant
2018 - 2019
• Child English Assessor: administered psychological and behavioral assessments of bilingual children at homes in the Bay Area.
• Lead RA: trained and led undergraduate research assistants in psychological and behavioral assessments of children.
• Data Management Team: managed and recorded data from laboratory sessions through online databases and computer programs.
Emotion and Emotion Regulation Lab, Research Assistant
2017 - 2018
• Conducted laboratory sessions using physiological equipment (electrocardiogram, impedance cardiography, skin conductance, etc.) and the program BioLab to examine the relationship between stress and cognitive reappraisal.
• Collected, recorded, and managed data from laboratory sessions.
• Recruited and coordinated undergraduate participants through the use of online databases.
Self-Employed, Piano Instructor
2015 - 2017
• Coached elementary level students in classical piano performance and piano theory.
• Developed theory curriculum with interactive worksheets to help students easily understand basic logistics and history of piano literature and to learn to read music.
• Created a motivating learning environment to facilitate continuous practice and knowledge development.
2014 - 2017
• Actively contributed detailed analysis of literary texts, news articles, etc. to provide members with in depth understanding of written works.
• Improved quality of members’ contributions and cultivated writing skill building by editing, constructively criticizing, and ultimately approving annotation and commentary submissions.
• Supplied written works to further expand site repertoire and provide more media for members to explore and analyze. See less
Self-Employed, Private Tutor
2014 - 2017
• Tutored elementary to first year college-age students to help them better understand topics taught in class and to expand skill-sets in English, math, and SAT reasoning in an engaging and individualized learning environment.
• Aided students in strengthening spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and essay writing skills by demonstrating proper use of the English language with self-developed worksheets, literary analysis, and draft revisions