My name is Nina, and I am pursuing my M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis. I'd love to help you out with any of your needs in engineering!
I have worked with my school's disability resource center, and have also worked as a Chegg Tutor for mechanical engineering specifically. The past two years I was an engineering course director and created a course load to aid them in finding the best personal engineering path for their future. In the fall I will be a teaching assistant for Materials Science, Engineering Mathematics, and Statics at my university.
Chegg, Online Tutor
2016 - Present
• Integrated handwritten and online platform to guide students with engineering problems.
• Developed and implemented comprehensive lesson plans that accommodated specific level of learners while offering support to make
certain each student was able to grasp materials
• Identified, selected, and modified resources to meet student's diverse needs and integrated worksheets to vary lessons and consolidate
Washington University in St. Louis, Undergraduate Researcher
2016 - 2017
• Initiated and approved independent research project, aimed towards PHD candidates and graduate students
• Wrote/implemented MATLAB modeling to identify the effects of apparent mass and momentum flux during fin whale feeding
• Interpreted and analyzed quantitative results to determine significant vibrational effects on kinematic modeling by 20%
mass difference, to more accurately design optimal ellipsoidal structures
Washington University in St. Louis, Engineering Course Director
2015 - 2017
• Designed and implemented complete curriculum for weekly 2-hour engineering course, with lectures and projects in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Systems, Biomedical, and Computer Engineering
• Cultivated inventive and efficient classroom setting, to improve team-building and interpersonal skills, culminating in final submitted for student entrepreneurial competition