Tutor profile: Saleha M.
College Graduate, who has tutored for 4 years
I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Biological Sciences. I am passionate about working to improve written communication as well as oral communication in students as I believe the two go hand in hand. I love working with students of all grade levels, and am able to relate to them and keep them engaged! I tutor math, writing, and science for students in elementary and middle school as well. The recent transition to online learning has been difficult for both students and parents and I would like to ease some of that difficulty!
I have experience working as a writing tutor at Rutgers University. I have also spent a semester teaching my own 1 credit class at Rutgers, where I was responsible for assigning student working, grading assignments, as well as monitoring student progress. I have also worked as a volunteer tutor for elementary school and middle school students. I have assisted them with math, science, as well as reading and writing skill
2016 - 2020
Rutgers University Writing Center, WRITING TUTOR
2019 - 2020
· Helped students succeed in Expository writing through assistance with development of thesis statements, and effective topic sentences · Helped with reading analysis and interpretation of text · Guided students towards appropriate steps to take in order to improve their writing skills · Helped students identify the differences between summery and analysis within their papers, and aided them in writing papers with more analysis
Aresty Research Center for Undergraduate, PEER INSTRUCTOR FOR UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTS
2018 - 2020
· Responsible for helping current RA’s learn professionalism in research · Helped prepare the RA’s to be able to present their research at the Aresty research symposium at the end of the academic year · Serve as a liaison and program guide for RA’s
Aresty Research Center for Undergraduate, First Year Interest Group Seminar Peer instructor
2019 - 2019
· Taught a 10 week, 1 credit university level course in “exploring careers in the sciences” to 20 freshman students · Introduced them to Rutgers resources, and aided them in career development and exploration through various methods such as peer panels, out of class excursions, skits, group works and faculty guest speakers · Gained experience in curriculum development and implementation through the process of developing a unique curriculum for this course thge summer before the course was taught · Gained experience in other administrative...
Aresty Research Center for Undergraduate, SUMMER RESIDENT PEER INSTRUCTOR FOR UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTS
2019 - 2019
· Serving as a live- in resident assistant mentor to rising sophomores throughout the summer · Responsible for monitoring the progress and success of RA’s (research assistants) through regular peer group meetings · Assisted students currently conducting research with producing lighting presentations, and poster presentations, to prepare them to be able to present their research at a research symposium at the conclusion of the summer · Organized social events for the students, such as cupcake decorating, and field days
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT, VOLUNTEER TUTOR YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SERVICES- FEB 2017- MAY 2019
2017 - 2019
· Assisted elementary and middle school children with homework, sometimes working with multiple children at a time · Worked to improve children’s reading, math and science skills
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.