I am a former assistant professor of Computer Science at Oklahoma Baptist University. Currently, I am a free-lance IT professional in the greater Oklahoma City area. I bring 13 years of business and software engineering experience. My main areas of expertise are business/systems analysis, web development, software development, and database design/development.
I have been a Computer Science professor for eight years teaching in the following subjects areas:
Assistant Professor of Computer Science, August 2010-Present, Courses Designed, Developed, and Taught:
• BISS 1103 Fluency in Information Technology
• BISS 1123 Business Problem Analysis
• BISS 3503 Management Information Systems
• BISS 4403 Database Management
• CIS 2703 Computer Science I
• CIS 2723 Computer Science II
• CIS 2803 Systems Analysis and Design
• CIS 3503 Visual Programming
• CIS 3103 Database Design and...
Oklahoma Baptist University, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
2010 - 2017
• Teach undergraduate courses related to Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Systems.
• Work with area high school teachers and church leaders to identify and recruit students who desire jobs in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Systems.
• Work with other faculty, administration and community members to organize and support K-12 STEM education initiatives.
• Collaborate with organizations in the surrounding community to provide teams of students with guided, real-world software development...
Indiana Univeristy, Graduate Assistant, Critical Web Reader
2009 - 2010
• Assist with new design of the Critical Web Reader Application, a tool to promote critical web reading practices in the reading of web based texts.
• Assist with the prioritization of new requirements based on user feedback.
• Implement the new requirements for the web application including database design and implementation, .Net technologies, and C#.
Indiana University, Distant Education Graduate Assistant, Instructional Systems Technology
2006 - 2009
• Provide technical support to distance faculty and students.
• Meet with Distance Committee and assist in making decisions about the everyday running of the Distance Masters program and program wide decisions.
• Maintain Distance Education Website and other technologies used in Distance Education program (i.e. OnCourse accounts, Ticket System, SharePoint sites).
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., First-In-Line Management Trainee
2004 - 2005
• Trained with current managers in Wal-Mart in each functional area of the store.
• Assisted in completing managerial reports each week.
• Attended weekly manager meeting to discuss changes that need to be made each week.
• Attended daily morning meetings with associates to encourage them to keep doing well in strong areas and improve in weak areas of the store.
• Completed Computer Based Learning (CBL) training plan for managing a Wal-Mart store.
Wal-Mart Information Systems Division (ISD), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Intern
2004 - 2004
• Set up meetings with customers to design specifications for Project SuperFUT.
• Created and maintained a project plan for SuperFUT.
• Designed and implemented SuperFUT to expedite the Field Support process for WIRE login problems in order to create faster and better customer service.
• Attended weekly meetings with ISD People group and other ISD interns.
• Attended biweekly meetings with Corporate interns in order to understand the whole of Wal-Mart’s business and culture.
• Attended daily team meetings with Security Global Directory in...