My name is Jeanell, and I am friendly, upbeat, and knowledgable. My work and volunteer experience have prepared me to be a tutor and help various kinds of students.
I was a substitute teacher for New York City Department of Education for two years. My specializations were English, social studies, and dramatic arts. I taught all grades from Pre-K to 12th grade.
When I lived in Accra, Ghana, I was a teaching assistant for two different elementary schools. I taught music to fifth graders at Morning Star School. I taught special education to special-needs children (ages 12-16) at the New Horizons Special School.
Also I am former babysitter, where I babysat for children ages 4 -12, where I continuously...
New York University, Administrative Aide
2015 - Present
• Provided administrative support to the various associate directors and their program administrators within the Division of Programs in Business and Schack Institute of Real Estate
• Maintained the administrators’ calendar and travel arrangements
• Advised students on course curriculum and the various non-degree programs
• Assisted faculty with course management, unique requests and other related matters
• Improved office workflow by customizing processes (i.e. create databases and complex spreadsheets)
• Collaborated and organized with...
New York City Department of Education, Substitute Teacher
2014 - 2015
• Primarily taught elementary & middle school students in Manhattan and Brooklyn
• Strictly adhered to the teachers’ lesson plans & instructions
• Maintained a calm and orderly classroom and made students follow the rules
• Assigned to mainly long-term assignment where I taught specific subjects such as drama and elementary education
New York University, Temporary Non-Credit Student Services Assistant
2012 - 2015
• Worked for the Office of Non-Credit Student Services on a temporary basis during the fall and spring semesters.
• Assisted and remedied any incoming problems and situations from prospective and current students
• Complimented by supervisors on working well with co-workers and completing tasks efficiently in a timely manner
• Registered students for the multitude of courses NYUSPS has to offer.
• Guided students on how to finish their professional certificate programs
Orion Holdings, Finance Temp
2014 - 2014
• Provided administrative, billing and client support to the finance team
• Learned Orion’s software quickly (i.e. MBOX) to fulfill responsibilities
• Completed various data entry tasks quickly and efficiently
• Corresponded with Orion’s worldwide satellite offices on billing for their various media clients such as Sony, Six Flags, Merck, Bloomingdale’s and more.
State Farm Insurance - RJ Allen Agency, Administrative Assistant
2012 - 2013
• Supported the insurance agent and his customer service representative on client relations
• Interacted with customers on a daily basis and complimented on customer service and human resource skills
• Excelled in multiple office skills such as answering telephone calls, email responses, filing, and great organization
New Horizons Special School, Teaching Assistant
2011 - 2011
• Assisted the teacher with lesson plans for the students aged 11-16
• Worked specifically with students with various mental disabilities (i.e. autism, Down syndrome, and more)
• Individually helped each student learn elementary school-level academics
• Volunteered while studying abroad in Accra, Ghana through New York University
New York University, Program Assistant
2010 - 2011
• Supervised high school students as they completed a college-level acting program
• Oversaw various activities and trips such as Broadway shows and museum outings
• Demonstrated leadership, compliance, and guidance for the intensive program