Tutor profile: Jeanell A.
Former NYC Teacher
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
My name is Jeanell, and I am friendly, upbeat, and knowledgable. My work and volunteer experience have prepared me to be a tutor and help various kinds of students.
I was a substitute teacher for New York City Department of Education for two years. My specializations were English, social studies, and dramatic arts. I taught all grades from Pre-K to 12th grade. When I lived in Accra, Ghana, I was a teaching assistant for two different elementary schools. I taught music to fifth graders at Morning Star School. I taught special education to special-needs children (ages 12-16) at the New Horizons Special School. Also I am former babysitter, where I babysat for children ages 4 -12, where I continuously...
New York University
2008 - 2012
New York University, Administrative Aide II
2015 - Present
• Provided administrative support to the various associate directors and their program administrators within the Division of Programs in Business and Schack Institute of Real Estate • Maintained the administrators’ calendar and travel arrangements • Advised students on course curriculum and the various non-degree programs • Assisted faculty with course management, unique requests and other related matters • Improved office workflow by customizing processes (i.e. create databases and complex spreadsheets) • Collaborated and organized with...
New York City Department of Education, Substitute Teacher
2014 - 2015
• Primarily taught elementary & middle school students in Manhattan and Brooklyn • Strictly adhered to the teachers’ lesson plans & instructions • Maintained a calm and orderly classroom and made students follow the rules • Assigned to mainly long-term assignment where I taught specific subjects such as drama and elementary education
New York University, Temporary Non-Credit Student Services Assistant
2012 - 2015
• Worked for the Office of Non-Credit Student Services on a temporary basis during the fall and spring semesters. • Assisted and remedied any incoming problems and situations from prospective and current students • Complimented by supervisors on working well with co-workers and completing tasks efficiently in a timely manner • Registered students for the multitude of courses NYUSPS has to offer. • Guided students on how to finish their professional certificate programs
Orion Holdings, Finance Temp
2014 - 2014
• Provided administrative, billing and client support to the finance team • Learned Orion’s software quickly (i.e. MBOX) to fulfill responsibilities • Completed various data entry tasks quickly and efficiently • Corresponded with Orion’s worldwide satellite offices on billing for their various media clients such as Sony, Six Flags, Merck, Bloomingdale’s and more.
State Farm Insurance - RJ Allen Agency, Administrative Assistant
2012 - 2013
• Supported the insurance agent and his customer service representative on client relations • Interacted with customers on a daily basis and complimented on customer service and human resource skills • Excelled in multiple office skills such as answering telephone calls, email responses, filing, and great organization
New Horizons Special School, Teaching Assistant
2011 - 2011
• Assisted the teacher with lesson plans for the students aged 11-16 • Worked specifically with students with various mental disabilities (i.e. autism, Down syndrome, and more) • Individually helped each student learn elementary school-level academics • Volunteered while studying abroad in Accra, Ghana through New York University
New York University, Program Assistant
2010 - 2011
• Supervised high school students as they completed a college-level acting program • Oversaw various activities and trips such as Broadway shows and museum outings • Demonstrated leadership, compliance, and guidance for the intensive program
Send a message explaining your
needs and Jeanell will reply soon.
needs and Jeanell will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.