Tutor profile: Toya B.
High School, After School Program, and Collegiate Educator
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I began my professional career as an Instructor with the Jefferson County Board of Education in Louisville, KY. I have served as an adjunct professor of Spiritual Formation, Leadership Development, and Women's Studies for Alliance Theological Seminary in New York, NY, serve as a Board Woman for Daughters of Destiny International, and as an independent consultant for ministries and organizations seeking ministerial, organizational, and administrative assistance.
I have had over 20 years of experience working in education and administration, and 12 years in leadership. My teaching experience has been specific to tutoring programs for middle and high school students. The leadership experience I have gained in all areas allows me to contribute in a diverse capacity that provides guidance to the students I have served. As an Adjunct Professor, I engaged students on a daily basis. I served as a support to students and the Associate Dean in accomplishing the goals of the students and the department I...
2005 - 2009
University of Louisville
1994 - 1999
Essence of Love Ministries, Founder and Event Coordinator
2010 - Present
• Founded organization with a basis in spiritual development through creative means. • Develop, organize, and teach spiritual workshops, conferences and events collaborating with speakers from the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions. • Provide event and spiritual direction for program staff, volunteers and participants.
The New York Leadership Center, Housing Coordinator - Contract
2016 - 2016
• Managed and administered housing registration and guest placement for 900+ International Leaders. • Maintained host relationship management and secured housing accommodations for leaders. • Administered registration, correspondence, weekly reports, conference logistics, and customer service.
Grace Baptist Church, Associate Pastor for Discipleship
2010 - 2013
• Provided spiritual direction in spiritual growth and discipleship through program development, Bible study, Christian Education and worship. • Maintained administrative and operations responsibilities and assisted Senior Pastor and staff in research specific to studies, external presentations, administration, and conferences.
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, Adjunct Professor
2009 - 2013
• Organized syllabi and taught curriculum for Undergraduate and Graduate Level Spiritual Formation and Religious Studies. • Developed presentations and directed small groups, provided spiritual guidance and graded assignments in relation to assigned curricula. • Taught introductory and upper level courses in Spiritual Formation, Leadership Development and Women In Urban Ministry. • Served on accreditation task force committee on Diversity.
The Boys' Club of New York, After School Academy Director
2002 - 2005
• Directed and administered an innovative after school program for disadvantaged young men. • Supervised a staff of six, in successfully implementing and managing programming. • Wrote programmatic materials for homework support, life skills and recreational assignments and activities. • Planned, evaluated and revised program content and materials and supervised and evaluated peers.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Toya will reply soon.
needs and Toya will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.