City Year, AmeriCorps Member
2016 - 2017
· Worked in a high-pressure team environment to help middle school students accomplish academic goals, meet our students’ needs, mentor students, and support teachers in their classrooms.
· Reading and math tutor for 30 sixth and seventh grader students in an underprivileged middle school.
· Facilitated an after-school program for sixth graders offering homework support and STEAM lessons on a team of 14 peers.
· Worked on the Curriculum Committee to edit and write new curriculum for the STEM lessons City Year members facilitate every day after...
Arizona State University, Writing Fellow
2014 - 2016
· Edited and provided feedback to students on writing assignments by providing feedback about their use of rhetoric in academic writing.
· Assessed student improvement by creating and implementing a rubric for their writing and skyping students to provide direct feedback.
· Tutored students in the ways of grammar, rhetoric, and organization in college-level English classes.