With over 15 years experience teaching at the college level, I believe that learning can and should be fun and exciting. I would love to work with you to develop and refine your talents and skills in research and writing and to guide you toward reaching your highest potential in pursuit of your academic and professional goals.
I love helping students to explore, and find significance in, the highways & byways of literary and linguistic history as well as the rich global cultures of art, language, and mythology. After completing my interdisciplinary doctoral degree in Medieval Studies, I began teaching at a midwestern university where I created and taught dozens of on-line and on-site classes about the History of the English Language, British Literature, Medieval World Literature, English Composition, and other subjects. In my 15+ years of university teaching...
2nd Story Commons, Research & Design Consultant
2012 - Present
• Compose and edit resumes, curriculum vitae, personal statements in consultation with graduate school and professional applicants
• Edit and ghostwrite articles and fundraising communications for nonprofit organizations and online publications
• Design and lead workshops and tutorials for individuals and groups
• Research, write, and edit funding proposals for nonprofit organizations
• Research, design, and present educational tours of historic sites and home museums for individuals and groups
University of Southern Indiana | Evansville, Indiana, Tenured Associate Professor | Department of English and Humanities Program
2005 - 2016
• Taught over 90 courses, on-line and on-site, to more than 1800 undergraduate and graduate students; Designed and updated syllabi and research assignments for English language history, literature, and humanities topics; Produced on-line videos and weblogs using Zoom, VoiceThread, Blackboard, YouTube, and other social media platforms, following best practices of nationally-renowned online course assessment organization; Earned perfect 99/99 Quality Matters (QM) peer review score for unique design of online course template
• Published and...
University of Connecticut | Storrs, Connecticut, Instructor of Record
1993 - 2005
Designed and taught syllabi and assignments for eight composition and humanities courses in more than 50 sections to nearly 1000 students