I am currently earning my master's degree at Vanderbilt University in Clinical Mental Health Counseling where I have maintained a 4.0 GPA. I attended Maryville College where I earned a B.A. in Child Development with minors in Spanish and Religion. I graduated undergrad with a 3.8 GPA. I have experience as a teaching assistant and working with kids of all ages in various capacities. My strengths include psychology, history, English, and writing.
I worked at KIPP: Kirkpatrick Elementary School as a sight word tutor and an assessment giver. I have been a teaching assistant at Vanderbilt University in intro level human development/psychology courses for the past year. I had a lot of hands on experience with children and adolescents in the classroom with my undergraduate degree. I love to teach!
Vanderbilt University, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
2016 - Present
• Attends the class lecture for the Applied Human Development Course
• Takes attendance during lecture
• Meets with a lab group of 16 students
• Reinforces lecture material with lab group
• Encourages interpersonal connection through facilitation of classroom discussion
• Responsible for teaching and grading major research paper
Northside Learning Center, Assistant Teacher
2015 - Present
• Supervised 2-year olds throughout their daily activities including time on the playground, centers, meals, nap, and other daily activities
• Engaged students in summer themed events and activities
• Incorporated educational material into students’ daily games
• Assisted the lead teacher with accomplishing organizational tasks
• Interacted with parents in order to provide a comfortable parent/teacher relationship
• Completed daily sheets for each child detailing morning, and afternoon attitudes, meal completion, and restroom use for...
KIPP: Kirkpatrick Elementary School, KIPP: Kirkpatrick Elementary School Tutor
2016 - 2016
• Gave sight word and counting assessments to second graders
• Entered assessment results into a data tracker in order to track students’ improvements
• Assisted second grade teachers by working one-on-one with students that struggle with either sight words and/or counting