I am passionate about learning and gaining different experiences, so that I can give back to society. When I am not studying I am often found reading or dancing. I also love Japan, it's culture, and Japanese. My goal is to make a difference through using the marketing skills I am cultivating.
I lived in Japan for a year and a half as an English teacher and volunteer. I taught English to children and adults 10+ hours a week. I also monthly would plan and teach large group training sessions on Japanese language study, communication skills, and leadership skills.
American Red Cross, Volunteer Recognition and Appreciation Assistant
2017 - 2017
• Partner with the volunteer coordinator to increase volunteer retention and satisfaction
• Arranged and prepared for the Utah Regions 100 Year Celebration, managing the event’s food donations from local businesses
BYU Catering, Wait Staff
2017 - 2017
• Coordinated with teams of 10 to 50 five hours a week catering a variety of events from casual barbeques to the universities Presidential Dinner.
• Boosted team morale by remaining positive in stressful situations, received recognition from event coordinator for team leadership and for work efficiency
BYU Store, Secretary and Tech Sales Associate
2017 - 2017
• Maintained and ordered BYU Store technologies department inventory 18 hours a week and updated BYU Store’s technology website
• Corresponded with Apple weekly to ensure payment on accounts receivable
• Implemented and planned new marketing strategy to capture additional revenue in store promotions
• Received the “You are Incredible Award” from management for consistently going above and beyond in job responsibilities
Non-Profit Organization, Volunteer Representative
2015 - 2016
• Supervised and trained 8-10 volunteers daily in one-on-one settings, via phone, and emails, and in large group training settings increasing volunteers time management efficiency
• Planned and taught workshops on goal setting, Japanese language study, time management, communication skills, and leadership skills
Summer Fun Camps!, Founder and Manager
2014 - 2014
• Devised, managed, and administrated 4 community week long summer camps from start to finish
• Taught baking, various crafts, and sewing to 15-30 children