¡Hola! I began learning Spanish upon moving to a predominantly-Hispanic area in Florida at the age of 9 and immediately fell in love with the language. I continued studying the language and seeking fluency until my Junior year of college. I have studied the Spanish language in multiple areas around Latin America, via 2 semesters abroad and 6 years of working with nonprofit organizations abroad, mastering multiple dialects and expanding my vocabulary and eventually reaching fluency.
As a native English-speaker who has learned Spanish as a...
I have been tutoring my fellow classmates in my Spanish classes since I began studying the language at age 9. As I have done with my fellow classmates, I can help you improve your grades or reach whatever specific goal you may have. I am passionate about the language and about teaching, and I work best with students who are also passionate and eager to learn!
Seeds of Hope for La Victoria, Inc., Community Outreach Intern in La Victoria, Dominican Republic
2014 - 2015
• Counseled and assisted families by collecting data on entrepreneurial ventures and their needs for education, healthcare and housing in order to improve their quality of life.
• Created and completed surveys on community members’ needs, socioeconomic status and their opinions regarding their quality of life in order to assist these individuals in succeeding in business ventures and improving their living environment and health.
• Developed a violence prevention program which resulted in two community empowerment meetings targeting young...
Clinica de Nuestra Senora de la Natividad- La Victoria, Dominican Republic, Clinic Assistant
2014 - 2015
• Created new patient records and organized existing records in order to assist the clinic in its efficiency and organization.
• Collected patients’ basic medical information before their appointment in order to speed up the process of being seen by the doctor so that the clinic is able to tend to more patients on a daily basis.
Tulane University Office of International Students and Scholars, International Student Mentor
2014 - 2015
• Prepared international students for success in their time at Tulane and in the United States.
Seeds of Hope for La Victoria, Inc., Volunteer Coordinator
2011 - 2015
• Collected items such as clothing, school supplies, personal hygiene items, and medical supplies to be delivered to needy families in La Victoria, the Dominican Republic in order to improve the quality of life of local residents by meeting their education and health needs.
• Promoted the organization to local Tampa, FL, schools and churches in order to increase participation in Seeds of Hope’s group mission trips, which, focus on poverty alleviation and cross-cultural understanding.
Iglesia El Milagro de Dios, New Orleans, LA, English as a Second Language Teacher
2013 - 2013
• Taught English as a Foreign Language to a mainly Central American immigrant community in order to provide them with English language skills, which will assist them in finding better job opportunities.