I have been tutoring for 10 years and it is something I absolutely LOVE to do. My favorite moments are when a student who didn't "get it" before suddenly has a moment of clarity that enlightens them to new knowledge and understanding. My goal is to ensure all of my students succeed and are capable of doing the work required of them with confidence.
I have been a tutor for ten years tutoring in SPED, ELD, AVID, support classes, and all levels of math, science, English, history, and Spanish including AP and Honors. I also tutored for the CAHSEE test.
I have been a substitute teacher for two years. Additionally, I did a year of student teaching at two high schools, one of which incorporated a year's worth of curriculum in a semester.; I taught American Literature to 11th graders and 9th grade Honors English. I also taught 7th grade English Language Arts for one semester. Outside of...
Self-employed, Piano Instructor
2007 - Present
• Create and implement individualized weekly piano curriculum
• Work with students ages 5-13 at all levels of music experience
• Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA, 2012-14; private lessons from 10/07-present
San Marcos Unified School District, Library Technician
2017 - 2017
Literacy Services Department. Perform traditional library duties. Research community resources (such as free tax programs, directions to other libraries, and immigration resources) and design reference materials for the general public. Special tasks in literacy services include tutor and learner intake, interview, orientation, and matching (tutors with learners). This involves creating thorough learner profiles for tutor use, selecting appropriate curriculum, and administering reading and writing assessments. Technological specialization in...
San Marcos Unified School District, English Language Arts Teacher
2016 - 2017
• 1 section Honors English; 3 sections regular English, 1 SPED English collaboration class
Oceanside Unified School District and San Dieguito Union High School District, Substitute Teacher
2015 - 2017
American Literature, all levels of English, AVID, ELD, and SPED.
Mottino Family YMCA, YMCA Unit Leader and Camp Counselor
2012 - 2017
• Created and implemented curriculum for STEM and science camp activities
• Supervised 2-3 other staff and 20-40 students weekly
• Substituted as inclusion leader for students with special needs
• Implemented curriculum for special camps: cooking, laser tag, reptiles, princess, and holidays
• Coordinated after-camp curriculum, parent sign-outs/paperwork, and camp clean-up
San Dieguito Union High School District, AVID Tutor
2010 - 2015
• AVID: Tutored all science, math, English, Spanish, and history levels; AP/Honors English and history.
• Other: Tutored in math support, Academic Literacy, Earth and Space, CAHSEE prep, and after-school.
MiraCosta College, Honors Navigator
2010 - 2012
A leader in the Honors Scholar Program. Recipient of Navigator of the Year award.
• Volunteer 2/11-8/11; paid employee 8/11-5/12
• Mentored 25 Honors students (adults and teens) each semester for 3 semesters
• Created job applications and helped interview and hire new Navigators
• Planned, scheduled, and hosted Honors Scholar Program events
• Recruited for/promoted the Honors Program
• Photographer; created commemorative slideshow for the President’s luncheon