Tutor profile: Ellen C.
Librarian with 20+ years experience K - Post Graduaate
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I have my masters in Library Science, Literature and Language, and Education. I have been a librarian in public, K-12, and university settings. Have worked in an elementary library to have a schedule that worked with my sons. Ready to use my background and degrees to get back into the field I love.
I have created library lessons at the elementary and university levels. I created lessons and follow-up work for students on how to use subject specific databases and general research.
2010 - 2012
Literature, Cultural Studies
2004 - 2007
Indiana University - Bloomington
1992 - 1993
Michigan State University
1986 - 1992
Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools, Instructional Assistant/Library Aide
2016 - 2021
• Teach library instruction classes for grades K-6; • Assist in management of twice annual book sales; • Assist in collection development and management of 10,000+ volume library collection; • Provide instructional support on as-needed basis to grades K-6 and special needs classes; • Assist in all library operations including technical, reference, and instructional services.
Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools, Substitute Teacher/Instructional Assistan
2015 - 2016
• Taught grades K-6 classes based on instructor directions; • Assisted in the conduct of grades K-6 classes based on instructor directions; • Provided instructional support on as-needed basis to grades K-6 and special needs classes.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School, Vienna VA, Librarian/Teacher
2012 - 2015
• Revitalized library as centerpiece of school; • Managed, reorganized and re-cataloged 15,000+ volume library collection; • Taught library instruction classes for grades K-8; • Developed instructional curricula to supplement classroom lessons plans; • Responsible for all library operations; purchasing, catalog maintenance; • Managed twice annual book sales with sales netting approximately $15k - $20k per sales event.
St. Veronica Catholic School, Chantilly VA, Extended Day Lead Teacher
2012 - 2012
• Planned and supervised student activities (K-8); • Assisted in the orderly arrangement, appearance, decor and cleanliness of program facilities; • Responsible for student safety and maintain accident log.
Marymount University, Arlington VA, Reference Librarian (Associate Professor)
2002 - 2012
• Managed Library Instruction (LI) Team: o Developed instruction lesson plans and online research guides; o Managed instruction schedule for the English Composition program; o Taught undergraduate and graduate library instruction sessions across all academic departments. • Managed the design, construction and implementation of the library’s computer learning center; • Modified library instruction materials to reflect syllabi changes; • Guided and collaborated with faculty about departmental library instruction and collection...
Reston Regional Public Library, Reston VA, Reference Librarian (Weekends/Part-Time
1997 - 2005
• Instructed patrons on formulating searches in the libraries databases and online catalog; • Processed interlibrary loans requests; • Assisted with collection management efforts.
Fu Associates, Ltd., Arlington, VA, Program Analyst
1998 - 2002
• Editor and Content Manager of Career Resource Library on “The America’s Career Infonet” o Managed a staff of two research assistants; o Researched new web resources for inclusion on web site; o Created new links on web site; o Developed and managed recent development continuous monitoring process.
Bernan Associates, Washington, DC, Senior Editor Specialist
1995 - 1998
• Edited and managed production of the monthly newsletter The Internet Connection: Your Guide to Government Resources: o Generated story ideas and investigated internet resources; o Contracted and coordinated delivery of stories with outside authors; o Organized marketing efforts and participated in convention presentations. • Organized and taught day-long seminars titled: Government Information on the Internet: Find It, Get It, Use It!
TASC, Inc., Reston, VA, Library Specialist.
1994 - 1995
• Cataloged all library material for inclusion in the online library catalog (Bibliotech) • Managed Interlibrary Loans • Conducted online searches using online databases including DIALOG and Lexis-Nexis.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Ellen will reply soon.
needs and Ellen will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.