Tutor profile: Isaac Y.
Compassionate Bilingual Writing Coach
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I'm a bilingual writing coach who'd love to help you revise your research papers and personal statements. In 2019, I earned my B.A./M.A. in Global Studies, graduating from Brandeis University with a 3.91 GPA. I primarily coach student writers on: -Building analytical thinking skills while writing papers -Detecting grammatical errors in papers -Developing concise written communication strategies I've lived in Cuba and would be happy to communicate with you in Spanish or Spanglish as well as English. I can help Spanish-speaking students...
I "teach to learn" from my students. For three years, I have worked in the following capacities to help budding writers confidently integrate unique viewpoints into their analytical writing: • I began my academic mentoring career as an undergraduate journal section editor. I helped the two contributing writers in my section brainstorm, research, and revise articles on Costa Rican and Canadian civil rights issues. Simultaneously, my contributing writers educated me on LGBTQ+ inclusion in the Costa Rican constitution and the acculturation of...
2018 - 2019
2015 - 2018
Boston Partners in Education, Online Writing Mentor
2020 - Present
• Individually mentor three high school students on essay writing skills • Hold weekly remote mentoring sessions via Zoom technology • Recognized in BPIE Multidimensional Mentoring testimonial for fostering positive working relations with mentees and improving mentees' academic performance • Effectively use visual and verbal teaching aids to make humanities and social studies coursework accessible for neurodiverse students • Promptly communicate with five school liaisons to monitor student progress across three semesters • Provide students...
Museum With No Frontiers (MWNF), Archival Translator
2020 - 2020
• Translated 85 MWNF Islamic artifact captions from English into Spanish • Used Microsoft Word to complete translation edits before online publication • Closely communicated with MWNF director to establish and fulfill caption translation style requirements
The Right to Immigration Institute (TRII), Immigration Advocate
2017 - 2019
• Assisted 25+ TRII clients with citizenship and asylum applications • Worked with 20+ TRII legal representatives as Spanish interpreter to help 15 TRII clients understand citizenship and asylum application requirements • Earned Partial Accreditation from the U.S. Department of Justice Board of Immigration Appeals in representing clients in citizenship and asylum proceedings, May 2019 • Earned 40-hour Language Connections Training Certificate in Spanish Legal Interpreting for Immigration, May 2019
Brandeis University, Global Studies Teaching Fellow
2018 - 2018
• Taught 30 students in weekly Introduction to International and Global Studies class discussion meetings • Implemented debate-based lesson plans to help students learn complex concepts in an inclusive classroom environment • Led class debates on diverse global trade, environmental, and humanitarian policy topics • Held office hours to support student preparation for two course exams • Proctored course exams with two additional teaching fellows • Graded multiple-choice and short essay exam responses to provide 30 students with constructive...
Brandeis International Journal, Americas Section Editor
2018 - 2018
• Led team of two Contributing Writers in producing Americas Section content • Recruited Contributing Writers virtually and in-person to form Americas Section team • Coordinated Americas Section content with two BIJ Editors-in-Chief • Helped Contributing Writers research and revise two articles on Costa Rican and Canadian civil rights issues • Clarified article writing process in Spanish for Hispanophone Contributing Writer • Authored feature-length article on hurricane recovery in Dominica • Proofread and edited all three Americas Section...
Brandeis International Journal, Americas Section Contributing Writer
2016 - 2017
• Authored two journal articles on socioeconomic inequality in Argentina and Cuba • Independently researched primary and secondary sources for two articles
Send a message explaining your
needs and Isaac will reply soon.
needs and Isaac will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.