Tutor profile: Mimi W.
Recent Graduate of Stanford University (3.99/4.0 GPA)
Last month, I graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. in English (with a track in Literature). My GPA was 3.99 / 4.0. I have been extremely passionate about literature for over a decade. For instance, in high school I participated in The English-Speaking Union National Shakespeare Competition twice – earning first and second place at the school-level. I also held lead roles in 10 Shakespeare plays, including Juliet (from Romeo and Juliet), Hamlet (from Hamlet), Portia (from Merchant of Venice) and King John (from King John). At...
Throughout high school, I tutored elementary school students in English, Writing and Math. My most recent teaching experience is from my role as a Teaching Assistant in a class at Stanford, The Literature of Psychosis. I have also participated in creative many writing classes outside of my English major that were aimed to educate students on providing specific and constructive feedback.
2017 - 2021
Stanford University (Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences), Teaching Assistant
2020 - 2020
• January 2020 – March 2020 • Course: The Literature of Psychosis (PSYC 282) • Served as main point of contact for student help and questions • Oversaw lesson preparation, operations, and student progress • Responsible for grading homework, midterms, and final exams
OZY Media, Marketing Intern
2020 - 2020
• June 2020 – August 2020 • Paid and organic Social Media Strategist and Data Analyst • Social Growth and Innovation Deputy for The Carlos Watson Show, OZY’s newest show • Created marketing strategies, wrote social and email placement copy, and designed creative assets for CPA clients
OZY Media, Marketing Fellow
2020 - 2020
• August 2020 – December 2020 • Deputy Manager of OZY’s social media team; copywriting for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok • Founded and managed OZY's Ambassador Program • Data and Analytics Master
Minted, Brand Marketing Intern
2019 - 2019
• June 2019 – September 2019 • Developed and implemented a revamped social media strategy • Wrote SEO articles and copy for 14 of the website’s most visited pages • Managed Minted’s Pinterest (10 million monthly views) • Detailed research on brand competitors
Washington Post, Editorial Intern
2016 - 2016
• January 2016 – April 2016 • Pitched articles to the Washington Post’s Morning Mix division • Worked closely with the Morning Mix journalists and Founding Editor, Fred Barbash
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.