Enable contrast version

Tutor profile: Alex L.

Inactive
Alex L.
Biology, chemistry, and math tutor
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

Questions

Subject: Chemistry

TutorMe
Question:

Why are the noble gasses called "noble gasses"?

Inactive
Alex L.
Answer:

An atom of any of the noble gasses is unlikely to react with other atoms to form compounds. The last layer of electrons in their electron shell is full, therefore they are unlikely to either lose or gain an electron.

Subject: Biology

TutorMe
Question:

In Mendelian genetics, what is the probability that the offspring of two heterozygous parents will display the recessive phenotype?

Inactive
Alex L.
Answer:

25%. Each parent is heterozygous, which means each parent carries one dominant gene and one recessive gene. Here's an example: Parent 1 genotype: Dd Parent 2 genotype: Dd An offspring will inherit one gene from each parent. From each parent, an offspring has a 50% chance of inheriting the D gene and a 50% chance of inheriting the d gene. Potential offspring genotypes: DD, Dd, Dd, dd The phenotype is determined based on whether the dominant gene is present. Three of the 4 possible offspring genotypes contain at least 1 of the dominant genes (D). Therefore there is a 75% chance (3/4) that an offspring will display the dominant phenotype, and a 25% chance (1/4) that an offspring will display the recessive phenotype.

Subject: Algebra

TutorMe
Question:

Solve the following equation for $$x$$: $$ 3x = 4x + 2 $$

Inactive
Alex L.
Answer:

Isolate the variable by subtracting $$4x$$ from both sides. $$ 3x - 4x = 4x + 2 - 4x $$ $$ (3-4)x = (4-4)x +2 $$ $$ -x = 2$$ Then multiply both sides by $$-1$$. $$ (-1)(-x) = (-1)(2)$$ $$ x = -2$$

Contact tutor

Send a message explaining your
needs and Alex will reply soon.
Contact Alex

Request lesson

Ready now? Request a lesson.
Start Lesson

FAQs

What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.
BEST IN CLASS SINCE 2015
TutorMe homepage
Made in California by Zovio
© 2013 - 2021 TutorMe, LLC
High Contrast Mode
On
Off