Tutor profile: Katie C.
Published Writer/Experienced Editorial Assistant
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
After growing up with a noticeable knack for reading and writing, Katie double-majored in Communication Studies and English with a specialization in journalism at Loyola Marymount University. Since graduating in 2019, she has worked as a writer for various print and digital publications. She has ample experience proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking editorial work. Katie's writing has been published in Los Angeles magazine, Career Contessa, LA Miscellany, and more.
I've volunteered as a writing mentor with the organization WriteGirl for 1.5 years, meeting with a high school student weekly to tutor her through writing assignments and encourage creative writing practice. I also lead small groups of teenage girls in writing exercises at monthly workshops. In college I was an editor for my university's creative writing magazine and part of my role was to help writers edit and develop their work.
Loyola Marymount University
2015 - 2019
Flique Editorial, Staff Writer
2020 - Present
- Pitch, research, write, and edit my own original articles for the online publication - Keep up with pop culture trends, themes, and stories and contribute relevant topic ideas in bi-weekly editorial meetings
Charlotte Gusay Literary Agency, Editorial Assistant
2020 - 2021
- Researched successful titles and stayed on top of industry trends to ensure the agency’s projects were relevant and desirable - Logged, read, and evaluated 3-5 manuscripts per week and wrote thorough readers’ reports for each one on a tight deadline - Proofread and edited drafts of accepted projects & offered general feedback to authors on how to better shape their narratives - Actively participated in weekly editorial meetings and helped write pitches to editors
Rogue Rocket, News Writer
2019 - 2020
- Diligently tracked news and media trends & pitched content ideas for the digital publication in daily editorial meetings - Thoroughly researched, wrote, and edited two articles a day on a tight deadline & published them via WordPress - Wrote stories into script format & assembled digital assets for social media videos that reached over 300,000 followers - Assisted with background research and interview preparation for long-form stories and guest features - Copyedited and fact-checked team members' articles and offered notes and feedback for...
Los Angeles Magazine, Editorial Intern
2018 - 2018
- Pitched, researched, conducted interviews, and wrote original articles for the print publication & corresponding website - Tracked news stories, trends, and audience interests and contributed content ideas in weekly editorial meetings - Meticulously fact-checked content from all sections of the magazine & compiled source lists for reference - Copyedited stories in various stages of development and provided thoughtful feedback to writers and editors
Career Contessa, Editorial Intern
2017 - 2017
- Researched, conducted interviews, & wrote original articles for the career site built exclusively for women - Monitored relevant news and trends and contributed content ideas in weekly editorial meetings - Copyedited drafts of team members' writing and assisted with article research - Mastered the Content Management System (CMS) to create, adjust and publish digital content
Send a message explaining your
needs and Katie will reply soon.
needs and Katie will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.