Tutor profile: Gayle G.
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am a passionate life-long learner and researcher with a B. Sc. H. in Psychology and a Master of Library and Information Studies. My research expertise and intense interest in academia combine to drive my quest for knowledge, which I love to share with others.
Over 15 years, I have assisted researchers with finding resources in a wide range of subjects in academic, hospital, and government library settings.
Library and Information Science
2012 - 2014
2003 - 2008
Nova Scotia Department of Community Services, Secretary
2020 - Present
• Performing extensive edits to agreements with government partners using Adobe Acrobat DC and Microsoft Word • Performing accurate data entry, file creation, and document uploads in electronic file and records management system to ensure optimal file organization and compliance with disposition schedules • Performing records management tasks as needed • Purchasing supplies as needed • Scheduling meetings, maintaining meeting spaces, and recording meeting minutes
Nova Scotia Health Authority, Librarian Educator
2015 - 2019
Research Assistance • Conducted literature searches for a variety of medical research projects; compiled and distributed results to researchers • Provided one-on-one research help to patrons as requested • Developed and delivered information literacy sessions for patron groups as well as internal staff training; both in class and online Collection Management • Wrote and edited the Collection Development Policy for NSHA Library Services • Travelled to each site to lead inventory, weeding, assessing donations, and space planning • Chaired...
Manitoba Public Library Services, Research Librarian
2014 - 2015
• Designed and conducted an independent research project about public libraries’ current and potential programs that support the goals of provincial government departments; both individually and through partnerships with other organizations • Digitized books for Manitobans with print disabilities
Novanet Live Help, Virtual Reference Assistant
2013 - 2014
Searched online resources and databases to assist university students with research in various disciplines in a fast-paced environment via an online instant messaging system
Manitoba Public Library Services, Library Technician
2008 - 2014
• Served public librarians by searching library catalogues both locally and across Canada and filling book requests for their patrons • Served the public by filling information requests; as well as responding to phone calls and e-mail inquiries • Collaborated with colleagues to guide program development • Researched information for various projects, such as a newsletter article for librarians and library trustees, and a library standards document for the province
Dalhousie University, School of Information Management, Research Assistant
2012 - 2013
• Performed literature searches in various databases to support faculty research on the development of a mobile application • Historical research and data entry to support faculty research
My Info Quest, Virtual Reference Assistant
2010 - 2010
Researched and answered reference questions via text message from library patrons throughout the United States
John E. Robbins Library, Brandon University, Library Assistant
2004 - 2008
• Provided quality customer service to diverse clientele in reference, circulation, technical support, and interlibrary loans; creating a comfortable learning environment for all • Supervised approximately ten student assistants to ensure smooth workflow, teamwork and effective communication • Performed extensive collection maintenance to facilitate patron satisfaction
Send a message explaining your
needs and Gayle will reply soon.
needs and Gayle will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.