Tutor profile: Julie D.
Highly Skilled Academic Writing and Reading Coach with Twenty Years of Experience
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
In the classroom the classroom and one-on-one, I excel at providing academic support, to a wide variety of students. I specialize in guiding students in writing and revising essays, especially college application essays, in standardized test preparation, with expertise in ACT and SAT. I have extensive experience supporting students of all ages in phonics-based reading remediation, math, organization, and study skills. I have taught both college English, including lecturing and teaching research skills and writing, and eighth grade language...
I have been a classroom and one-on-one educator for over twenty years. Working as an academic tutor for seventeen years and a college writing professor and eighth language arts and social studies teacher for five years, I excel at tailoring lessons to a variety of students, from kindergarten through college. My specialties are in reading, language, writing and test preparation. I have been trained in SAT and ACT test preparation and Orton-Gillingham phonics-based reading remediation.
1998 - 2000
Seattle Pacific University
1993 - 1997
Results Learning, Academic Coach
2006 - 2021
- Coach reading remediation, mathematics, SAT/ACT test preparation, time management, organization, study skills, writing, one-on-one or for small groups of students. - Maintain current calendar and student progress reports on Teachworks software. - Differentiate lessons to support various learning styles. - Trained in the FAST Reading System, based on the Orton Gillingham System, to provide individualized reading remediation coaching.
Bluebook Tutoring, Academic Coach
2005 - 2021
- Tutor SAT/ACT test preparation, time management, organization, study skills, writing, mathematics, and reading remediation for students ages six to college level. - Develop tutoring materials to support various learning styles. - Manage scheduling and billing for clients. - Communicate with parents and teachers about student progress.
Elani Learning, Online SAT/ACT Verbal Coach
2019 - 2020
- Coached students online in verbal SAT/ACT test preparation. - Assessed student practice tests to determine the best course of study and assigned homework accordingly. - Managed scheduling and billing for clients through Salesforce. - Communicated with parents about student progress.
Community College of Denver, Adjunct Professor
2000 - 2005
- Taught English 121 Composition and English 122 Composing Arguments according to college standards. - Developed and presented lectures and provided opportunities for student group work and involvement. - Evaluated written work and provided constructive written feedback to encourage student academic growth. - Held office hours and submitted feedback to students during one-on-one conferences.
Montclair Academy, Middle School Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher
2000 - 2004
- Developed and implemented a multidisciplinary curriculum connecting American History and Literature. - Provided instruction in various forms, including lectures, group projects and assignments, and hands-on workshops. - Differentiated lessons to accommodate various learning styles. - Established and maintained positive relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff. - Assessed student progress monthly and quarterly and provided written and verbal feedback to encourage growth.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Julie will reply soon.
needs and Julie will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.