Tutor profile: Paige C.
Former English teacher at Berlitz Japan, Library & Information Science Master's graduate, Writer
Hailing from Arizona, I graduated from the University of Arizona with a master's in Library and Information Science. Prior I lived for three years in Japan where I taught English part-time while studying Japanese. I am also a writer, and have extensive experience writing academic papers, fiction, creative nonfiction, screenplays, and comedy sketches. I also interned at Marvel Entertainment and am into cosplay and anime!
When living in Japan I taught English through Kinder Kids International and Berlitz Japan. Through my graduate career I also taught courses on information literacy and using databases.
University of Arizona
Library and Information Science
2019 - 2021
2010 - 2014
University of Arizona iVoices, Archives and Collections Curator Intern
2021 - 2021
• Developed and wrote a digital preservation policy • Taught and created helpful resources for best interviewing practices for students
University of Arizona Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center, Community Engagement Core, Youth Information Literacy Instructor
2020 - 2020
• Assisted students in locating materials useful for their projects • Assisted students in locating materials useful for their projects • Instructed students on Googling and Database Search best practices
Marvel Entertainment, Library Intern
2019 - 2020
• Transferred large quantities of comic books during an office move • Assisted project managers and editors in research and retrieval of material • Shifted books and materials as a result of new collection additions • Assisted library reorganization efforts to maximize shelf space and a growing collection
Berlitz Japan, English Teacher
2017 - 2018
• Taught English in individual and classroom settings alike • Proofread textbooks • Assisted students in achieving their language goals through personalized lessons
Kinder Kids International, Saturday Teacher
2015 - 2017
• Taught English to children from ages six to nine • Adjusted lesson plans based on students and their abilities
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.