Tutor profile: Dolores C.
Five years of critical care nursing experience with the desire to tutor and assist the future nursing generation.
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
My name is Dolores and I graduated from Grand Canyon University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 2016. I graduated on the Dean's List and Magna Cum Laude, while putting myself through nursing school. Throughout my college experience, I frequently found myself assisting other students who needed one-on-one support to understand a topic. I have spent many hours in libraries and coffee shops until the person I am helping understands the topic they were struggling to grasp. It is truly rewarding when they have their "aha moment" and the...
I spent 3.5 years in the ICU teaching nursing students and new graduate nurses. This is not the typical tutoring setting, but I am flexible and open-minded when it comes to learning. I understand each individual has different learning styles and preferences to understanding concepts. I have not only assisted nursing students and new graduate nurses, but I have been called on to assist with tutoring law enforcement who are attending EMT courses. I have tutored and mentored them to understand human anatomy, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and...
Grand Canyon University
2015 - 2016
Arizona PRN, Registered Nurse
2020 - Present
○ Provide flexible nursing coverage throughout the Tucson community. ○ Communication with customers requesting an agency nurse regarding their needs for the shift. ○ Patient assessments and thorough documentation regarding presentation, needs, and interventions.
Air Methods Corporation, Flight Registered Nurse
2020 - 2021
○ Frequent communication with multiple members of leadership to ensure company needs are met, including customer retention, challenges and successes related to business operations, and scheduling requirements. ○ Concise communication with first responders and hospitals to quickly respond to patient transport requests. ○ Active participant in patient chart reviews and quarterly case studies. ○ Nationwide travel to provide shift coverage in order to provide critical care services to communities in need. ○ Provide high-quality care for the...
Sonora Behavioral Health, Registered Nurse
2019 - 2021
○ In-depth communication with patients and family members regarding patient condition and needs. ○ Complete admission assessment and preparation, including health history review, obtaining urine specimens, blood glucose levels, establishing IV access, and administering pre-procedure medications as ordered. ○ Assist leadership in the interview process, including candidates questions, and providing feedback to the director. ○ Work closely with the psychiatrists and anesthesiologists regarding pertinent patient findings. ○ Provide post-anesthesia...
Banner University Medical Center Tucson, ICU Registered Nurse
2019 - 2020
○ Communicating and providing continuing education to the patient and family regarding their illness, plan of care, medications, and surgery aftercare. ○ Safe maintenance of life support measures including vasopressors, sedation, ventilation equipment, external pacemakers, hemodynamic monitoring equipment, subdural drains, and external ventricular drains. ○ Thorough nursing assessments on patients with various cardiac or complex neurological insults and reporting new abnormal findings to physicians and the interdisciplinary team.
Northwest Medical Center, ICU Registered Nurse, Resource Nurse
2016 - 2019
○ Collaborate with various disciplines such as physicians, respiratory therapists, radiology, and nurses. ○ Report pertinent information to leadership to plan, facilitate, and coordinate effective patient care. ○ Precept and provide education to nursing students and new graduate nurses. ○ Communicating with nursing leadership, including the nursing supervisor to promote patient safety. ○ Monitor and provide compassionate patient care to critically ill patients. ○ Assist with procedures including intubation, moderate sedation, and central line...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Dolores will reply soon.
needs and Dolores will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.