Tutor profile: Maya V.
University Course Assistant, Clinical Research Coordinator
Maya is a Clinical Research Coordinator with the Massachusetts General Hospital Faustman Immunobiology Lab. In this position, she works with patients and to coordinate a double-blinded placebo controlled clinical trial. Maya is also a member of the Wesleyan University class of 2021. At Wesleyan, she was a Molecular Biology & Biochemistry and Psychology double major, and was a member of the Wesleyan University Chemistry department's Taylor Lab. Maya also enjoyed her experience at Wesleyan as a course assistant teaching Biology lab and...
My teaching experience includes a course assistant position for the Wesleyan University Dept. Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, teaching the course Introductory Biology Lab. This position entails managing a classroom of undergraduates, enthusiastically instructing students on conceptual and technical course material, preparing students for more advanced research in the biological sciences through instruction and feedback on written work, holding office hours, and being an active and detail-oriented member of the team that works to make this...
2017 - 2021
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
2017 - 2021
Faustman Immunobiology Lab, Massachusetts General Hospital, Clinical Research Coordinator
2021 - Present
• Conduct patient appointments, includes medical protocols including phlebotomy, and safety checks, and discussing clinical trial procedures, consent documents, risks, and benefits. • Coordinate day to day procedures of double-blinded placebo controlled clinical trial. • Work closely with a team to manage trial regulatory affairs, gain approval for upcoming trials, undertake research projects, and conduct data management.
Dept. Molecular Psychology Wesleyan University, Course Assistant
2021 - 2021
• Focused on facilitating remote a large-scale, remote, psychology course available worldwide. • Taught psychology concepts through written instruction and discussion forums. • Worked closely with a team to design course initiatives and discuss course progress.
Dept. Molecular Biology & Biochemistry Wesleyan University, Course Assistant
2019 - 2021
• Managed a classroom and enthusiastically executed lesson plans and instruction of undergraduate students. • Taught scientific concepts through lecture, discussion, and scientific experiments. • Prepared undergraduates for research in the biological sciences through instruction, grading and feedback.
Taylor Lab, Dept. Chemistry Wesleyan University, Undergraduate Research Assistant & Summer Research Fellow
2019 - 2021
• Focused on characterizing heptosyltransferase enzyme with a view to the development of small molecules with biomedicinal applications. • Designed and executed experimental procedures to understand enzyme mechanics and kinetics. • Communicated data in formal poster sessions, weekly presentations, and collaborated on results to further project.
Undiagnosed Diseases Network Massachusetts General Hospital, Undergraduate Research Intern
2019 - 2019
• Performed thorough records and preliminary case review to contribute to a research study that aims to diagnose individuals with debilitating, but uncharacterized, genetic disorders. • Organized and implemented a system to manage associated biorepository. • Gained experience shadowing clinical and research geneticists and genetic counselors.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.