Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, MSW Intern
2017 - Present
• Supported a team to manage and implement CPCI+, a CMS Innovation Center Initiative, in Buffalo, NY
• Organized Medicare data to find health disparities in NY, NJ, and Puerto Rico to improve outreach efforts at CMS
• Formed relationships with community partners/stakeholders, prepared educational materials and planned outreach events through the Regional External Affairs Team.
Lead and organized CMS webinar explaining CMS updates via the Innovation Center
• Researched and analyzed health care bills going through Congress
SOAR Case Management, Mental Health Case Manager
2016 - 2017
• Managed a diverse caseload of 20-30 adult clients within an outpatient psychiatry clinic
• Created Targeted Case Management, Crisis Stabilization, and Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) treatment plans
• Facilitated professional relationship-building between student interns and clients
• Maintained client notes in EMRs such as iSalus and CCS-specific software
• Collaborated with psychiatrist/clients to discuss treatment options
• Assisted clients in learning coping skills, brokered relationships with other community resources and...