Tutor profile: Claire D.
Humanities Instructional Coach, M.Ed.; 4 years MS & HS ELA teaching experience; Teach For America Alum
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am a curious and persistent learner who enjoys singing with the Nashville Symphony Chorus and traveling or spending time with friends and family in my free time. I have a deep love of reading and writing, and I balance my belief in how incredibly important these skills are with an understanding of how difficult they are to master. My goal is to make big academic goals achievable by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable steps!
I have taught 9th grade ELA for 3 years, 8th grade Writing for 1 year, and Freshman Seminar course material. I have taught honors courses, general education ELA, and classes that served English Language Learners. In writing, I supported my students in growing their argumentative, expository/informative, and narrative writing skills. I have my Masters in Education in Instructional Practice and have my endorsement for teaching English Language Learners.
Teachers College at Columbia University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
2020 - 2025
2012 - 2014
College of William and Mary
2008 - 2012
LEAD Public Schools, Humanities & Math Instructional Coach
2018 - Present
Coach teachers teaching a variety of subjects: English, History, Math, English Language Development
LEAD Public Schools, Data & Assessment Coordinator
2016 - 2018
- Data & Assessment Coordinator (DAC) for grades 5-9 at LEAD Southeast Middle & High School. I was also the DAC for grades 5-8 in the 2016-2017 school year. I organize and conduct response to intervention systems for our schools, coordinate school and state testing, and analyze student classroom and testing data.
LEAD Public Schools, 8th Grade Writing Teacher
2016 - 2017
- Taught all 8th-grade Writing classes at LEAD Southeast in the 2016-2017 school year in order to prepare my students for success in high school, college, and life. They showed Level 5/5 growth on the 2017 Tennessee Ready state ELA test.
Teach For America (TFA), 7th-12th grade ELA Curriculum Writer
2016 - 2016
- Created Unit and lesson plans for three texts for 11th grade ELA TFA summer institute curriculum (used in Nashville and Tulsa regions). Reviewed and revised all ELA summer institute curriculum (unit plans and lesson plans) for grades 7-11th grade.
Lipscomb University, Graduate College of Education, Graduate Admissions Counselor & Coordinator
2015 - 2016
- Processed and analyzed candidate applications throughout entire application and interview process; gave feedback as needed on writing samples before samples were reviewed by professors as part of interview - Created and implemented marketing and outreach plans to ensure high-quality candidates applied and were accepted into Lipscomb's graduate education programs
Teach For America (TFA), Instructional Coach for Teachers, Summer 2014 (Lead Coach) and Summer 2015
2014 - 2015
- Managed and led coaching sessions with 8-11 new TFA teachers in their development as teachers as they taught summer school courses to Nashville’s students at TFA's training institute. - The determined progress of CMs by analyzing lesson plans, conversations with students, insights of the CMs, classroom observations, mentor teachers’ observations, and classroom exit ticket data.
Cane Ridge High School, Lead English I Teacher and Freshman Academy Team Lead
2012 - 2015
Taught English Reading and Writing to about 125-210 9th graders (depending on year) to prepare them for success in high school, college, and the working world. Level 5 (out of 5) Teacher Effectiveness score achieved and maintained in both years 2 and 3 of teaching. Data (2012-2015): - Guided 9th-grade students to make 4th highest growth of any high school (traditional public or charter) on 2015 English I EOC in the state of Tennessee - Led by 155 9th grade students to 61% Proficient or Advanced on 2013 TN English I End of Course (EOC)
Send a message explaining your
needs and Claire will reply soon.
needs and Claire will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.