Tutor profile: Isabella W.
English, History tutor for 5 years, IB English Specialist, Shakespeare Specialist
Hi! I'm Elizabeth and I love teaching! I recently graduated college (Princeton University) and want to help others achieve success in their academic goals. I have a passion for Shakespeare, and Russian history, but my breadth of knowledge is deep. I've taught many people of various ages and I can't wait to work with you!
I am a highly experienced teacher, with years of tutoring students inside and outside the classroom. I have crafted structured lesson plans, taught group workshops in Shakespeare, and tutoring IB English. My students say their favorite thing about me is how I can adapt my lessons to how they're feeling that day, and make learning fun, effective and enjoyable.
2016 - 2020
University of Oxford
2019 - 2019
Head Editor, Princeton University Editor
2020 - Present
• Head editor for book written by world renowned economist, already selected for international publication • Perform three tiers of revisions, restructure writing, correct and establish tone and flow, perform grammatical checks • Communicate with various other editors to ensure consistency across revisions before performing a final read
Russian Undergraduate Association, Tutor and Global Ambassador
2019 - 2020
• Implemented national Hermonia tutoring program for underprivileged Slavic high-school students • Devised and executed survey strategy to determine and deliver to primary needs of mentees • Created Excel spreadsheets to facilitate financial calculations to assess association donations and requests
Women in Business and Investment, Investment Manager, Mentorship Chair~ Provost Recognized
2018 - 2020
• Founded Women in Technology Initiative, an independent section of PWIB to encourage minority participation in Business • Recruited new sponsors through international partner organization, Oxford Women in Business, and Tiger Investments • Co-developed Finance Conference hosted by Burberry CFO and managed $1,000+ donated funds
Co-Team Manager, Princeton University Non-Profit Tutoring
2018 - 2020
• Supervised a team of 7 tutors in providing aid to disadvantaged students in the area • Attended lessons with students across the network and collaborated with tutors to design student specific lesson plans • Authored plans outlining the best practices for teaching
Princeton Tutoring Company, Lead English Instructor, IB English Prep
2017 - 2020
• Taught over 15 different students English of varying levels, with focus on grammar and sentence structure • Lead Shakespeare reading and analysis workshop aimed at advanced speakers and advanced English students • Specialized in IB English, essay structing and writing and oral presentations
Oxford University Prep, Oxford, UK, English Teacher
2018 - 2019
• Taught students aged 10-14 English as a second language, in classroom and online • Prepared class materials, crafted individualized tutorial plans, and presented and graded homework • Build interactive lessons which focused on grammatical proficiency and idiomatic mastery
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.